Faint Sorrow Within the Snow

Naku walked on the cold, snow-filled plains wherever he looked for more than 5 hours but found nothing but snow-covered trees.

"Walking without direction like this is just in vain... if only I could know what's around me before walking..." Naku looked around while catching his breath.

"Knowing what's around me? Can I do it with mana..?" Naku put the hologram map cube in his pocket and stretched his hand forward.

"...I'll try doing it like this..." Naku closed his eyes and focused his attention on the flow of mana in his body.

He channeled the mana into his hands and released it in all directions, he focused himself on feeling the mana he released and feeling what the mana touched when it was released. Naku felt the tree when the mana he released hit the trees around him, he also felt snow, rocks, and a wild creature, namely a wolf, that he had not seen before.

"..? There are 5 wolves..? and it seems they also used my mana to sense me back, tch they coming." Naku took out the sword at his waist and prepared himself to fight the wild wolf.

The five wolves quickly ran towards Naku and lunged at him to eat him, Naku kicked up the snow on the ground and blocked the vision of the five wolves. Naku turned his sword and released the hilt of the sword into 2 and connected into one, Naku held the hilt which had become long and became one and slashed the weapon which was originally a sword and now became a scythe.

Naku stabbed the heads of 3 wolves at once before then pushing the handle of his scythe to the back to block the attack from the two wolves who managed to avoid his slash. The two wolves bit the handle of the scythe but when they wanted to let go, Naku stuck the handle of his scythe into the ground and kicked it, making the two wolves felt a strong vibration that made them a little dizzy before they were quickly cut down by the scythe.

"There are only wolves in this area?" Naku slashed his scythe to the side to clean the blood stuck to the blade of his scythe.

Naku threw his scythe up with a little force before turning it back into a sword and putting it back at his waist.

"I will use a method like that to make it easier to find the flowers." Naku continued walking in a direction he believed was more certain.

"Wait..." Naku stopped walking and took the hologram map cube from his pocket and looked at it.

"It uses mana, maybe I can change it a little..." Naku channeled his mana and released a hologram in front of him.

Naku tries to use his mana to change something in the hologram but it doesn't work.

"...Hmm.." Naku thought and looked at the hologram carefully.

"...Sorry uncle, I think I will damage it a little..." Naku tried to return the hologram to its original form which is a cube.

When the device was turning into cube, Naku quickly put his hand between the holes that had not been closed and forcibly widened it, a cracking sound was heard and the device stopped functioning and Naku saw the contents of the device.

"...It has a lot of contents and it looks complicated..." Naku scratched his head a little annoyed before then opening the contents of the tool.

Naku looked at the tool to study it as he continued his journey slowly.

"Hmm... I see.. and like this.." Naku subconsciously tried to study the object alone while traveling slowly.

After walking for more than 4 hours, Naku stopped walking and looked at the tool again thoroughly.

"So that's how it works... I'm confused how that organization could think of a good idea like this, I want to fix this but I need something hot like fire..." Naku put the tool into his pocket and quickened his pace.

After walking for another 5 hours, the sun was starting to set and the temperature in the area was getting colder, making it difficult to continue the journey.

"..This takes a lot of time..." Naku walked to look for the cave.

But he stopped in his tracks when he heard a voice he could barely hear.

"...tion...ror..." Naku heard a faint voice.

"..? There's a sound.." Naku focused himself to release his mana again and detect his surroundings.

"func...err..." The sound started to sound clear when Naku focused his mana to detect things around him before then releasing the mana that was something unusual.

Naku ran in that direction and dug into the snow where he felt the object, right after he managed to get the object out of the very deep pile of snow he finally knew that the sound was from the object he had just taken out of the snow.

"Function...e-e-error... rebooting... f-failed..." The voice repeated the same words over and over.

"...This is a unfamiliar object, and it seems badly damaged..." Naku looked at the object before taking it

"This thing is similar but very different from the map hologram... I'll try to fix it if I can." Naku took the object while entering the small cave he found.

"F-f-function... e-e-e-e-rror... rebooting... failed." The object repeats the same words over and over before then saying something different.

"G-Greia.."