☆ 17 ☆

Y/N was panting heavily as she stood in front of Tani's house, slamming on the door while looking around to ensure that no one was watching her.

"Tani, open the door fast!" she called out urgently.

Hearing the loud banging, Tani quickly opened the door. "Y/N..." she started, then immediately hugged her friend upon seeing her.

Y/N broke the hug and pulled Tani inside the house, locking the door behind them before rushing to the table to grab a bottle of water. She was out of breath.

"Y/N, where have you been all these days? I searched for you everywhere and even filed a complaint with the police. Tell me," Tani exclaimed, her worry evident.

Seeing Y/N's distressed expression, Tani's worry deepened. "Don't tell me you were kidnapped by... Jeon Jun..."

"Yes, I was. You better retract the police complaint," Y/N confirmed.

"What? I suspected as much, but how? When? Y/N, what happened? Did you get hurt?" Tani asked, concern lacing her voice.

"I'm just grateful to be alive," Y/N replied, recounting everything that had happened to her.

"What? What's going on here? I can't piece it all together," Tani exclaimed, feeling overwhelmed.

"Tani, I feel like I can't hide here for much longer. I need to figure something out. I'm sure that Jeon Uncle was killed not just because he helped me. There's something bigger behind his murder. Tae told me that a red file is missing, and something else... I don't know," Y/N explained.

"Y/n may I ask you something? Did you find anything suspicious there? Maybe we'll find some clues," Tani suggested.

After some thought, Y/N continued, "Yes, I did. Every room in that mansion was locked by the owner's fingerprint or something similar. If Uncle Jeon locked that door, the culprit couldn't have entered without his knowledge. That means the murderer was someone close to him."

"Then... it must be Uncle Choi?" Tani speculated.

"I think so too. Why would he do this? Tani, did you see Uncle Choi?" Y/N inquired.

"I didn't. Uncle Bong came here looking for you. I told him you went somewhere to relax, but I didn't mention that you were missing. He might be worried," Tani replied.

"Thank goodness he's alive. Choi didn't kill him. I'm relieved!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Y/N, wait. Now that I think about it, a guy came here every day looking for you. He said he's Felix's friend and wanted to see you. He gave me his number and said to call him when you came back," Tani remembered.

"Call him, Tani. I'm not going back to my apartment. They might find out. Felix's friend came here just for me. Call him," Y/N urged.

Tani dialed the number. After a minute, the doorbell rang, and Y/N felt a jolt of shock, wondering if Jungkook had found out about her.

Tani went to check and opened the door to reveal a handsome man.