☆ 34 ☆

Jungkook rushed to the hospital and ran inside.

"Can you please tell me where the patient who just arrived is? Her chest is bleeding," he asked the receptionist urgently.

"Oh, the one who just came! Um, yes! It was an emergency, so we took her to the ICU. You can go straight and then left," the receptionist replied.

"I know," Jungkook said before darting away.

After two minutes of sprinting, he found Jimin and Tae talking in front of the ICU. Tae's back was turned to him.

He slowed his pace upon seeing them and approached cautiously. As Jimin noticed him walking towards them, his eyes began to burn. He closed them briefly. Tae turned to face Jungkook, his eyes reflecting a different kind of intensity from Jimin's.

"Hyung..." Jungkook started, but Tae cut him off.

"Jungkook, what have you done? What is your problem? You made her stay there to do this," Tae asked, stepping closer to Jungkook.

"No, hyung, the thing is... I..." Jungkook tried to explain, but was interrupted again.

"Jungkook, please don't babble your reasons or stories of revenge. We all know what's going on. Can't you at least consider that she's a human too, just like us?" Jimin interjected, stepping forward past Tae.

"YOU TWO, JUST STOP! Can you please listen to me?" Jungkook yelled.

Tani's attention was drawn to Jungkook's outburst, causing her to jump. She moved away from them and sat down, covering her ears to block out their voices.

"Listen! What... you have a story behind this? Jungkook, are you serious?" Jimin questioned.

"Don't think we're dumb. We have brains. We can imagine everything you could do to her. I've told you countless times to think twice before making your decisions," Tae said angrily. He was seething with rage, struggling to control himself. 

Jungkook couldn't bear this. His hyungs weren't supporting him, and he felt his heart breaking, all because of Y/N.

"Hyung, let me tell you, I didn't shoot her," Jungkook insisted, looking into their eyes, hoping they would believe him.

"Then who did?" Tae asked, raising his eyebrows. Jimin nodded, his gaze fixed on the floor, a chuckle escaping his lips.

"It's Adalia," Jungkook said, gripping Tae's hand.

"What the hell? And where did she come from now?" Jimin asked, still chuckling.

"Jungkook, please, we know you well. Don't try your tricks," Tae warned, withdrawing his hand from Jungkook's grasp.

"I saw the gun in your hand, Jungkook. And I was at the mansion too, but I didn't see any trace of Adalia being there," Jimin stated, looking at both of them.

Jungkook shook his head, trying to think of how to explain it to them.

"The gun was in my hand, but that doesn't mean I'm the one who shot her!" Jungkook insisted, his voice rising.

"And you can also think of it another way, Jungkook, in Y/N's way... She was not the one who stabbed your father, but because someone saw her with a knife, you're accussed her of being the murderer and tortured her ,Now karma is hitting you... Karma. Karma is a big truth," Tani interjected, her words causing Jungkook to fall silent.

Y/N had endured a similar situation before, where despite not being the murderer, nobody believed her. Now, Jungkook was experiencing the same pain—his hyungs not believing him. The words Tani had told him kept replaying in his mind as he turned his back and left without a glance at his two hyungs.