☆ 28 ☆

Y/N sat in the maid's room, lost in her thoughts. Jungkook had left for the office without having breakfast, while Tae had gone after eating and mentioned his plan to visit the Jeon mansion with Taniya to check Jeon's room.

By 6:00 PM, Tae had left the office, citing a personal errand. He headed to Tani's home and parked the car, honking to signal his arrival.

Tani stepped out of the house wearing an oversized, aesthetic blue silk shirt paired with fitted black jeans, and a cap hiding her face while her hair was tied in a ponytail. She quickly made her way to the passenger seat and sat down.

"Hey, blind jerk! I went to the Jeon mansion around 1:00 PM to check the atmosphere, but I saw some men wandering around there!" she exclaimed, looking at Tae as she closed the door.

She waved her hand to regain his attention. "Ah, of course. It's the Jeon mansion, so when it suddenly goes silent without any bodyguards, people will get suspicious," Tae explained as he started the car.

"Are you planning to wear that outfit when we go there?" Taniya inquired, eyeing Tae.

"What's wrong with my outfit? It's better than yours," Tae said,

"We're going there to search, so we should dress casually to avoid drawing attention. You're wearing a suit, so everyone's eyes will be on us," she pointed out, lightly hitting his shoulder.

"Yes, because I am cool and handsome!" he said with a creepy smile.

"Just stop your rubbish! Please remove your suit before going in," she pleaded, acting and bowing to him with her palms pressed together.

They parked the car aside and walked to the mansion.

"Wait! Don't you feel like someone else is here?" Tae said, taking out his gun and motioning for Tani to stand behind him, shielding her in his shadow.

"Of course, I'm with you! But wait! I know you have a gun... Don't you dare to shoot me here! And if I die, I will haunt—"

"Stop! Can you please zip your mouth? Someone else is here with us!" Tae interrupted, running to the side and spotting Uncle Bong, who seemed hurried and fearful.

He pointed the gun, causing Uncle Bong to raise his hands in fear.

"Wait... He's Y/N's uncle, Uncle Bong. Don't shoot," Tani intervened, stepping in front of him.

"Tani, my girl, you finally came," Uncle Bong said in relief but still seemed uncomfortable and rushed.

"Why are you...?" Tani began to ask before Uncle Bong cut her off.

"My dear, you told me yesterday in a call that you would come here to check something, so I've been waiting to give you this," he said hurriedly, showing her a camera.

"But why are you in such a hurry? And what's in this?" Tani asked as she received and examined the camera, while Tae observed them.

"I have to go, my girl. I have to reach there before Choi finds out about this! And don't ask me where he is; I can't tell you. You know I owe him, but now he's involved in a dirty game, so I have to save my Y/N. In this, there's visual evidence. I'm sure this can help Y/N get out of that hell. Please, save my Y/N!"

"But what's in it?" Tae asked as he observed the object.

"I don't have time to explain everything... I have to go. Please look after my child... and save her from him! Please check it and don't miss that one!" With urgency, he rushed out, leaving them in disbelief.

"We haven't even entered the mansion... But now, I think there's something valuable in it! God is with us... He will only be with the right people!" Tani exclaimed.