☆ 30 ☆

Jungkook's eyes widened as he watched the video, his gaze turning red as tears welled up. The video ended, but he remained frozen like a statue.

"No..." he muttered after a few seconds.

He snatched the phone from Tae's hand, watching his beloved father being stabbed. His father's pleading voice echoed clearly, and he could see the helpless expression on his face. How could a son witness such brutality against his own father, even through a screen?

"Appa..." a small murmur escaped his lips, accompanied by a tear.

They all stood there in silence. Tae approached Jungkook, patting his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down.

Y/N understood his pain, having also lost her father. But witnessing the visual of one's father being brutally killed was a different kind of trauma. Tani moved forward in anger, but Y/N grabbed her hand and shook her head, signaling her not to approach.

"He needs time to process... let him see it through!" she whispered to Tani, who nodded in agreement. Tae looked at Y/N and closed his eyes, nodding to reassure her that everything would be fine. This evidence would prove her innocence, so there was no need to worry.

"WHO THE HELL IS HE...!" Jungkook erupted in anger, throwing the phone. Luckily, Tae caught it, knowing it contained important documents that needed to be preserved.

"IS THIS THE CHOI GUY YOU TOLD ME ABOUT EARLIER, HYUNG?!"

"Yes, it's him... Now you see, you've witnessed it firsthand!" Y/N walked toward Jungkook, standing a little distance away with her hands clasped against her chest. "I AM NOT THE MURDERER."

Jungkook suddenly felt overwhelmed, unsure of how to respond.

"Yes, Jungkook... I told you, she's innocent. Do you believe it now?" Tae reassured him, continuing to pat his shoulder.

Jungkook ran his hands through his hair, his frustration evident as he looked around.

"NO... this can't be happening... why is Y/N being treated as guilty?" Jungkook muttered to himself.

"Because I am innocent!" Y/N declared firmly, as if she had regained her lost resolve.

"Now, you can't keep her here... I will take her. You can't treat her like your toy anymore," Tani asserted, holding Y/N's hand and glaring at Jungkook with intense hatred.

"And who are you to make decisions here?!" Jungkook turned his furious gaze towards Tani, causing her to shiver involuntarily. She discreetly glanced at Tae, silently questioning why he wasn't intervening to protect her.

Tae shot a deadly glare at Tani, prompting her to lower her head as if she hadn't spoken just moments before.

"I ASKED WHO ARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU MAKE DECISIONS IN MY PLACE?!" Jungkook's voice echoed through the room.

"She is my friend. She has every right to speak up!" Y/N interjected, shielding herself.

"And who asked you, my wife?! Did I ask you to open your mouth?!" Jungkook's voice turned husky as he directed his attention towards Y/N.

In the blink of an eye, Jungkook turned his gaze towards Tani and advanced towards her.

"What's wrong with what she said?! You have to release Jungkook. You saw that she's innocent!" Tae intervened, blocking Jungkook's path. Tani breathed a sigh of relief upon hearing Tae's voice.

"What... for what reason?" Jungkook questioned Tae.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Tae responded incredulously.