17. Kidnapped Girl Got Kidnapped

I just finished watering the rose plants of our bedroom balcony. Our. I don't know why I said 'our ' but it was actually Nicolas's bedroom and I was staying with him so I thought our room would be preferable. I didn't know Nicolas liked roses on his balcony though it was quite weird. I couldn't help but smile at how they were growing and blooming flowers.

Though I liked this place, I wanted to visit the city but after the first encounter I was a bit afraid to go outside of the house.

Washing my hands, I dried them up with a towel and made my way downstairs. Nicolas had left early this morning before I woke up.

The sweet smell of the pancakes made my stomach growl as I rubbed my palm on my belly. Rosetta was making breakfast and the other maids were busy cleaning the house.

"Smells nice." I smiled at Rosetta and sat on the kitchen counter.

"Here eat, honey." She smiled back and pushed a plate of pancakes with honey.

"Does Nicolas like roses?" The question unknowingly came out of my mouth.

"I never heard him tell that but when he found out that you love roses, he ordered us to fill his balcony with different kinds of roses."

I was breathless at her reply. So he knew I love roses and that's why the balcony of the previous house also had rose plants.

"Oh.."

I cleared my throat and grabbed a pancake before I spoke again.

"Rosetta, tell me about the city." I bit the pancake.

"Rome is beautiful with many world heritage sites, galleries and museums. Since you're in Rome you should visit the Roman Forum and Colosseum once. Castle Sant'Angelo, Palatine Hill, Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are also some places you would love to visit. In fact, Rome is an amazing place." She explained.

"Does it snow in Rome?" I asked, chewing another pancake.

"Rome is known for its warm Mediterranean climate than the chances of any snow. Temperatures drop in winter, but― snowfall is rare." She replied and pushed a cup of coffee toward me.

"That makes sense." I nodded and sipped on the coffee cup.

I finished my breakfast like this, sitting on the kitchen counter and chatting with Rosetta. In contrast, Rosetta finished her work while talking to me and answering my questions. It always made me feel better talking to her and we both started quite liking it.

Hearing about the amazing places of Rome from Rosetta, I decided to ask Nicolas to take me with him sometime to visit these places.

I made my way to the backyard beside the lake, after taking a story book with me. I sat on a bench and opened my book until I noticed Laura walking toward me.

Again.

"I guess you've made a decision." She spoke.

"Look, Laura. I don't think it's a good idea. There's no doubt that Nicolas would find me out, wherever I go. This is his territory. And you know I'm not stupid." I rolled my eyes and focused on the book.

"You're really stupid, Natalia. So you're finally submitting yourself to the captor of your family. Huh? You're really so pathetic, you know. I would never miss this chance, if I were you." She laughed and shook her head.

"Shut the fuck up! I would never submit myself to him. And whatever I am, why do you care? Don't you have something to do?" I blared out.

"Listen, I don't know why you are doing this but if you try this bullshit again, I won't hesitate to tell Nicolas everything." I pointed before I stormed away from that place.