19. Kidnapers Became Cousins

Sometimes small things can make us happy in the worst moments of our life.

And amidst the worst moments, I found a little happiness today, serving as a waitress. Small talk with different people, taking orders, serving coffee and pastries were all the works I had done today morning and I enjoyed all of them.

It was like, a caged bird got freedom then it was flying happily in the infinity sky.

Ashley too seemed very happy to have me as a waitress. The coffee house became busy in the morning and the evening. As it was famous among the town people, most of them come here to have an evening snack and to take a small sip on a cup of heavenly nectar-like coffee.

"Thank you so much! Have a good day!" I smiled and waved at the last customer of the shop and made my way to the kitchen.

It was lunch time so there were a few customers coming and going.

"Thank you for today, Natalia." Ashley smiled brightly while gathering all the dishes in the kitchen sink to wash.

"It's alright. I enjoyed the day so much. Actually I should thank you for everything you've done for me. You give me a shelter, an amazing job. It's too much for me you know. I thought I would end up on the street. Thank you so much for everything again." I smiled as two drops of tears rolled down on my cheeks.

"Oh honey, it's ok. There is no need to thank me. You're such an amazing and sweet girl. I don't know why people didn't care to help you. They're so stupid." She cupped my cheeks and smiled.

I was about to say something but stopped when we heard some customers entered in the shop.

"Okay, I'm going to get the orders then." I smiled.

"Yes. Of course." She smiled, showing her beautiful teeth.

I took the notepad from the kitchen counter and made my way to the direction where the customers were sitting.

As soon as I reached the table and met the two familiar faces, I paused as I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Natalia..."

"Fardinn... you? How?"

I gasped and my eyes went wide when I saw Fardinn and his friend Ryan sitting in front of me, their eyes and mouths also wide as mine.

"Natalia? Is that really you? I can't believe you're standing in front of me. How you came here? You're supposed to be with that bastard. Oh God, are you alright?" Fardinn stood up and squeezed my shoulder, concern and surprise written all over his face.

"It's a long story, Fardinn. But what're you doing here? In this town?" I sighed and asked.

"It's a long story though, we came here to rescue you. A lot of things happened after they shot Jacob and brought you here. Now sit down, I've a lot to say." He pulled out a chair beside me.

I slowly sat down beside him. My mind was racing a million miles ahead thinking that I had finally got a chance to go back to my country. But I was afraid of thinking about the last encounter at Jacob's house. Even if I manage to escape this time, Nicolas would definitely hurt them again.

"How did you end up as a waitress here, Natalia?" Ryan frowned and asked in confusion.

"Well, I was with them two days ago. I was getting bored staying in the house so Nicolas gave me permission to go out, with his giant guards. We went to a restaurant and there I needed to use the washroom. But when I was about to come out from the washroom, two men pressed something on my face and I blacked out. When I opened my eyes, I saw I was lying behind a trashcan but luckily Ashley got me and took me here with her. And this is the story." I shrugged and sighed.