36. Breathing For You

The whole night passed by crying and barely sleeping. Nicolas' bloody body, his unconscious face, his last kiss, and his voice were echoing in my ears and the whole scene was playing in front of my eyes, whenever I tried to close my eyes.

Imagining Nicolas dead was so difficult for me. It was increasing my inner turmoil and the fear of losing something significant.

Amidst all the mess, the maid Scarlett left food in my room for dinner. But I was not in the condition of eating something right then. My appetite was long gone.

After Scarlett, none came into my room. The whole house was a mess. Shattered glasses, furniture, and blood were everywhere.

The next morning, I woke up with a bitter headache and red eyes. I managed to freshen up and take a quick shower but didn't make a move to leave the room.

The previous night's activities would keep rolling in my mind if I let myself get outside. I couldn't believe that Delilah was dead. I never thought that Delilah was mentally ill. She just needed help but her father used her as a weapon and forced her into his criminal organization.

What about Fardinn and his dad, David? I hadn't heard anything about them so I thought they might be dead as well.

A knock on my door interrupted me as I yelled come in and looked outside of the window. It was another sunny day as the sky was clear and cold breezes were blowing rapidly.

"Natalia?" It's Bella's voice.

"Bella? Where the hell were you? How's Nicolas? Is he alive? Please tell me he isn't dead!" I snapped my head at Bella, quickly got up from the bed, walked towards Bella who was walking toward me, and exclaimed.

Bella's face was paler than usual. Her eyes were red, with dark circles under her eyes, and messy hair like a storm upon her head.

She sighed before opening her mouth.

"He's barely alive. We don't know what to do. Our boss, Valentino, is in the hospital. Everything is messed up, Talia." She sighed again and rubbed her palms on her face before sitting on the bed lazily.

"Fardinn escaped. We killed David and Lincoln but that son of a bitch managed to escape." She murmured before taking a deep breath.

I gasped.

"What if Fardinn attacks again? He'll try to do it again." I asked in horror.

"No. He won't. We killed his men, his father, his friend, his girlfriend, and his girlfriend's father. He has no one, no weapon, and no power. He's already out of the country right now." Bella chuckled as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Bella, I want to see Nicolas. Please take me to the hospital." I said in a trembling voice but Bella's eyes immediately widened.

"No, no. You can't. Valentino is there! He's already mad at you and blaming you for the condition of his most dangerous, ruthless right hand. You don't know what Valentino is capable of. I'm not going to take you there."

"I don't care! Even if everyone blames me, I don't care! I just want to see him. I shouldn't have let myself distract him. It was all my fault but I wanted to see him. Please, Bella!" I shouted and begged as tears threatened in my eyes. I just wanted to see Nicolas even for once otherwise my nightmare would chase after me everyday night.

"Why? I thought you hated him. Tell me the truth, Natalia. Are you in love with Nicolas? Don't lie to me." Bella's eyes widened in disbelief but a wide smile appeared on her face immediately.

"Yes, I hate him! But I don't know. I don't know whether I'm in love with him or not but I want to see him right now. Please take me to him." I murmured and looked at my lap.