20. Mr. Mafia's Regret

Beep.

Beep.

When I opened my eyes I realized I was laying on a hospital's bed. My head was pounding hard and I was feeling so cold and numb.

Stephen was sitting on the couch and reading newspaper.

"Stephen―" I coughed as my throat was dry like Sahara desert.

"Natalia, you're awake." He said surprisingly.

He placed the newspaper on the couch beside him and made his way toward me wearing a concerned look. I managed to get up and rest my body against the pillow in a sitting position.

"How are you feeling now?" He gripped my both hands and asked softly, sitting on the bed beside me.

"Very cold and a disgusting headache." I chuckled dryly.

"Well, because of the fever. You'll be okay. Don't worry." He squeezed my palms and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Natalia." He whispered.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because I wasn't there. I would never let that happen to you." He exhaled deeply.

"Don't be sorry. It wasn't your fault. Anyways you won't be with me every time." I murmured and sighed.

"You know we're like monsters. We have no hearts and no feelings. But today, I saw something in his eyes, I felt something inside me. And you know what it was? It was fear." He let go of my hands and spoke avoiding my eyes, looking blankly at the white wall.
"He was screaming and shouting at me and Alfredo like a madman when you weren't waking up, not in anger, in fear. He was so afraid of thinking that he might lose you." He whispered.

I knew he was talking about Nicolas. I didn't care what he was saying because what I felt that moment was like I saw the death in my eyes.

"Well, he seemed like he was enjoying it." I started laughing.

I didn't know what happened to me but I couldn't help but laughed. Isn't it funny when someone almost killed you and then he was screaming and shouting to get you back? It is totally an abnormal's habit. And Nicolas obviously wasn't a human, he was an inhuman and abnormal bastard.

"No, you know how desperate was he when he heard that you escaped? He started believing you, Natalia." Stephen sighed and rubbed his palms on his face.

I again laughed.

"Well, how many times I have to say that I didn't escape, someone kidnapped me?! Why can't you guys just believe me once?!!" I shouted in frustration.

"Then what happened that night?" He gasped and looked at me in surprise.

"I told everything to Nicolas. Go and ask him." I huffed and crossed my arms on my chest.

Stephen was about to say something then the door burst open and a tall muscular blonde walked inside the room. His feature was exactly the same as Stephen but the difference was their hair colour and Stephen was a bit taller than the blonde guy.

"God, Alfredo! You never learn how to enter in a room. You always come and go like storms." Stephen growled.

"That's the thing Dr. Stephen. Now kiss your ass and let me check my patient." He rolled his eyes and put his hands into his pant's pocket.

"You're a doctor, Stephen?" I gasped.

Before he could open his mouth, Alfredo started speaking.

"Yes, he is. Now let me introduce myself, sweetheart. I'm Dr. Alfredo. And I'm also the one and only big brother of Dr. Stephen." Alfredo grinned and shook my hand.