27. Christmas with Gunshots

Time never stops.

Sometimes I wanted to stop it to correct my past mistakes but alas time never stops. It flows you forward to the future but never reverse you back to the past. How interesting, isn't it?

It had been a week since we came back to Nicolas' house. The days in Bracciano was amazing. It's weather, view, foods and everything was beautiful. Nicolas and his men finished their works successfully while Bella, Eva and I used to explore the town.

In those days, the most surprising thing was Nicolas' behavior. He stopped being angry at me and he never hit me like before after that night on the rooftop of the castle. In fact, he started ignoring me totally.

He started coming back home late at night and left home early in the morning. He even stopped touching me, kissing me and having sex with me. I also became busy with shopping and buying things for Christmas with Bella and Eva as Christmas was knocking on the door.

These whole things about Nicolas were making me nothing but confused day by day.

"Yes, yes! Right there!" Eva pointed her index finger to the Christmas tree while showing Bella perfect places for placing colorful lights.

"Everything is done decorating here." I sang after placing the last dish on the dining table.

"Marry Christmas, Natalia!" Eva kissed my cheeks and hugged me.

"Marry Christmas!" I giggled and hugged her back.

"If you weren't here, we would never celebrate Christmas. Anyways Marry Christmas!" Bell sighed before wishing me and giving me a tight hug.

"Marry Christmas, Bella! But why did you say that? You guys don't celebrate Christmas?" I asked in confusion.

"No. We never had time to celebrate it plus the boys never talk about it. But we have you now. They'll be really surprised when they reach home." Her eyes lit up as we sat on the couch.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say. So I gave her a small smile and served hot chocolate and chocolate chips.

"It's already 9 pm. They'll be here anytime soon." Eva informed.

"Did you tell them about it?" Bella asked Eva.

"No. It would be a surprise for them." Eva shrugged.

They kept chatting while I was thinking about my parents, little brother, friends, granny and Nova. We used to celebrate this day together every year with unlimited happiness.

But look how everything changed within a few months. I forgot how to smile genuinely, how to become happy.

I was nothing but a prisoner.

I had started to accept my fate. So I let everything happen this way. Nothing was under my control but still a part of me believed that I would be free one day.

They'd find me.

The thread of my cognition tore apart when I heard some noise from the front side of the house. We thought it was the men but when we looked through the window our eyes went wide.

Three cars and more than ten people was standing in front of the iron gate. I felt my heart skipped several beats. When I looked at Bella and Eva, I saw their reaction was the same as mine.

"Did you guys invite that many men?" I gulped the lump in my throat.

"Fuck that! They're not our men! Eva, call Romano immediately!" Bella cursed in a low but urgent voice, not removing her eyes from the window.

Eva ran toward the kitchen to get her phone while Bella quickly but carefully locked the window and the main door.

"What's happening? What do you mean by they are not yo- aaaaa!"