Chapter 67: Echoes of Regret

---

"Killing is an art, and I am a master"

- Thane Krios, (Mass Effect 2)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"TAKE THIS" Ubu yelled as he threw another huge boulder toward me to crush me which I effortlessly dodged. He had become massively stronger than before but his intelligence on the other hand seemed to have decreased a LOT as well, resulting in him having to resort to more brute and savage forms of attack than actual martial combat which was a complete letdown to the warrior in me.

Also, no matter how big and strong he was now, it still didn't change the fact that I was faster and quicker than him with a level of strength no less magnificent than Ubu who was amped up by the venom super steroid.

"Don't MOVE." He yelled as he increased the rate at which he was throwing things at me but was still unsuccessful in hitting me even once.

This made him even angrier which further limited his intelligence making this joke of a fight far less entertaining and more disappointing for me than I initially thought it would be.

"Stop running away you coward and fight me. I have sacrificed my humanity but I have become something much greater." He yelled as he threw an assassin who was too close to him in an attempt to hit me but unfortunately for both him and the ninja, I was successful in effortlessly dodging the living projectile, resulting in the unlucky assassin getting splattered on one of the walls due to the sheer force he was thrown with.

"Now that I am finally the monster that I was always meant to be, I can not only defeat you but even serve the master with the effectiveness that I always lacked. I can finally fulfill my purpose." He roared with glee as his body further mutated and bulked up while he broke a huge pillar from the structure and threw it at me.

But this time, instead of dodging, I took a deep breath and simply punched the incoming piece of cement with a significant amount of my strength, instantly breaking it into pieces.

"Sacrificing your humanity and becoming a monster for just a little more power. Even if you are a monster for a noble purpose like protecting someone, it still doesn't change the fact that you are a monster nonetheless, a strong creature with a weak will. So, you are still weak Ubu. Infact, you are even weaker than before." I finally opened my mouth as I seriously spoke while looking him straight into his eyes.

"As for the reason I am not fighting you, it's because I don't fight weak-minded and weak-willed creatures like you. I looked forward to fighting the real Ubu with his amazing skills and experience. I looked forward to having a real battle with you but you chose the cowardly way and made yourself a disgusting monster, forgetting your own lessons of always being in control of one's body.

You disappointed me Ubu and I don't fight with disappointments. I can sense it. You are dying anyway because of the defective incomplete steroidal compound you took, your body rapidly burning your own chi and life force to keep you going. So why should I have anything to do with your death? Dying a disappointment in a cowardly death with a drug overdose, that's what you deserve for betraying my expectations and hope." I said as I simply dodged the next big projectile that came towards me.

"No No No NO NONONONONONONONO. FIGHT ME. FIGHT ME... Please... let me have this fight. I need it... FIGHT ME." He cried out more like a berserking beast than a human as he rushed towards me with a burst of speed that was extremely surprising for someone his size and punched me with everything he had, hurtling me towards the opposite side of the hall.

"FIGHT ME." He screamed like a true maniacal monster as he again jumped toward where I had landed and began to punch me in rapid succession. Each of his punches was powerful enough to grind rocks to dust. I could dodge some of them even if they were in point-blank range but a major portion of his punches successfully landed on my face and upper body directly.