Chapter 115: The Uninvited Gladiator

---

"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?"

-Saber, (Fate/Zero)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"At long last, I am finally free from my prison. Oh, I have missed this sense of freedom. All that time locked inside that tiny little cell. I thought my entire life was ruined." I hugged the ground while flicking away mock tears of joy.

"You were in there for only one night," Diana commented with a straight face.

"Really? To tell the truth, it felt more like an eternity." I joked while stretching my body. "Anyway, has the Queen already found a way to ensure I keep my mouth shut about this place? Or perhaps have you figured out a way to erase my memory?" I questioned.

"I only came because I thought that you could use some exercise and fresh air outside your cell. Normally, it wouldn't be so easy to get you out of your prison but today the entire Themyscira will be celebrating the Festival of Hera where the best of our warriors will fight against each other in front of the entire country in honor of the Goddess Hera. The contest winner will then be crowned as the Shield of Themyscira before finally ending the night with a grand feast and a ritual dance. Using the excuse of the festival to free you from your prison for the day would have been the most believable excuse for everyone... Now, let's go. We need to get there before the festival starts." Diana explained before gesturing to me to follow after her, not even bothering to tie me up with the lasso again.

'Thousands of beautiful Amazons dancing together without a care in the world while I have a feast and watch them...' I thought to myself as I pictured the scene in my mind. "Sounds interesting, I am in." I nodded with a stoic poker face.

'I probably have a thing for women with fit and athletic bodies.' I mused to myself as I followed her towards the Colosseum where the battles were supposed to be held.

***

We reached the Colosseum in a few minutes since it was not too far away from the royal palace, Surprisingly, the giant structure looked more Roman than Greek for some reason.

The place was almost entirely filled up with Amazons as women of various shapes, colors, and ethnicities cheered for two Amazons battling each other out in a sword fight in the arena.

"It seems that it has already started," Diana muttered while she continued to lead me towards the "Imperial Box" of the Colosseum where her mother was sitting along with her royal guards.

"Are you sure it won't cause any problems with the Amazons if I sit in the same place as you and your mother during a holy festival like this? I mean, I don't think a virgin goddess like Hera will appreciate a man sitting during one of her sacred traditions." I asked as I looked around at the questioning and annoyed glances the Amazon warriors were giving me.

"Lady Hera is a goddess, not a mortal. She probably knows that you are not guilty of anything and that your being here is simply an accident. She is not going to punish you for that. As for the other Amazons, they are loyal to their Queen. Even if they don't like you being here, they will never say anything because of how much they respect my mother."

"You are very proud of your mother, aren't you?" I asked with an amused smile.

"Of course, she is the greatest warrior and Queen this world has ever known. And she has been the best mother as well. I am incredibly lucky to have an amazing mother like her." she confessed just before we reached the "VIP" viewing section.