Chapter 116: The Butler Did It (Sort of)

---

"Stress makes you bald, but it's stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway. In the end, there's nothing you can do."

- Gintoki Sakata, (Gin Tama)

---

<{Wayne Vista Grand Hotel}>

<(Omniscient POV)>

"Stop stressing, Pennyworth. If you continue to worry like that, you'll even lose the rest of your grey hair from that thinning scalp of yours." Leslie Thompkins sternly reprimanded Alfred while trying to give him a relaxing back massage, something she was quite good at due to being a professional doctor.

She was a woman in her late forties, set to enter her fifties soon, although the only thing reminiscent of her age was her silver-colored hair because just like Alfred, she too was extremely well-maintained with a body that could even compete with Alfred's muscular physique in terms of fitness.

"But you don't understand Ms. Thompson. Young Master Bruce always picks up the phone of those he considers his family. Even if he is unable to answer immediately for some reason, he always calls back. But it has been more than a day and there is still no news from him. At least, Cortana should have given us some information, but she just disappeared after telling us that something important came up and Young Master had to leave all of a sudden.

Even then, I would have believed her, had she not increased our security level for no reason at all. She didn't even allow the girls to contact Master Bruce, which is unlike her. Also, when I asked the guards and maids back at the manor as well as the officials at the Gotham airport about Young Master, they all confirmed that he had already left in his private jet for Greece to meet up with us. Suddenly changing his destination mid-flight without informing us first is just too suspicious for me to ignore." Alfred voiced the reasoning behind his worries after his body began to relax at the massage.

"I agree, maybe it is slightly suspicious. But you have to understand that Bruce isn't a kid anymore. He is one of the biggest businessmen in the world. You cannot baby him all the time, no matter how worried you are about him. He is a responsible young man who can more than take care of himself. So, just trust in him and wait for him to come back. As for that AI of his, I know her recent actions are slightly suspicious but you yourself once said that she is one of the most trustworthy individuals that has ever worked for Bruce. I am sure that whatever she is doing has a valid reason behind it." Leslie tried to calm the worried butler down with her reasoning.

"Also, is that truly the only reason you are so stressed? Are you sure that this has nothing to do with the news you recently received from your... ex? The reason why you even insisted on coming to Europe for a vacation? Maybe instead of being worried about something happening to Bruce, you are actually worried about what he would think of you when he finds out about your past?" Leslie tried her best to understand Alfred's current thoughts to better comfort him about his worries.