Second Trimester

In the heart of Birla House, the second trimester brought with it a surge of cravings and endearing moments for Akshu and Abhi. One sunny afternoon, as the sunlight bathed the living room in a warm glow, Akshu found herself seized by an irresistible craving.

Akshu- "Abhi,"
Akshu called out from the kitchen, her eyes twinkling with mischief as she go through the refrigerator.

Akshu-  "Do we have any chocolate ice cream?"

Abhi, who was engrossed in his work in the adjoining room, looked up, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

Abhi- "Chocolate ice cream, again? Akshu, you've had it every day this week. How about some fruit chaat instead?"

Akshu pouted playfully, her hands resting on her slightly rounded belly.

Akshu- "But Abhi, the baby wants chocolate today. Please, just a small bowl?"

Abhi chuckled, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

Abhi- "Akshu, we need to balance the cravings. Too much chocolate isn't good."

Akshu gave him a pleading look, her eyes wide and filled with faux innocence.

Akshu- "Abhi, you want our baby to be happy, right? And chocolate makes both me and the baby happy!"

Abhi couldn't resist the charm in her eyes but decided to playfully tease her.

Abhi-  "Akshu, we need to keep a check. I don't want our baby to be a chocolate addict."

Akshu feigned a gasp, placing a hand over her heart.

Akshu-  "Are you accusing our baby of potential chocolate addiction? Abhi, how could you!"

Abhi laughed, shaking his head.

Abhi- "Alright, fine. A small bowl of chocolate ice cream. But just this once."

Akshu's eyes lit up with joy.

Akshu- "Yay! You're the best husband ever!" She gave him a quick peck on the cheek before rushing to the freezer.

As Abhi watched her indulge in the chocolatey delight, he couldn't help but marvel at the radiance on her face. Little did he know that Akshu had a mischievous plan up her sleeve.

Akshu- "Abhi,"

she said, savoring a spoonful of ice cream,

Akshu- "you know, if you keep denying me my cravings, I might have to divorce you."

Abhi raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk on his face.

Abhi- "Divorce me? Really? Over chocolate ice cream?"

Akshu put on her best serious expression.

Akshu- "Absolutely. I need a husband who understands the needs of his pregnant wife."

Abhi chuckled,

Abhi- "Alright, but who will you complain to about me after the divorce?"

Akshu's eyes sparkled with mischief.

Akshu- "I'll go straight to Maa. She'll scold you and make you do sit-ups!"

Abhi laughed, not taking her threat seriously. Little did he know that Akshu had a direct line to her mother-in-law, who was known for her no-nonsense approach.

Later that evening, Akshu, with a twinkle in her eye, narrated the incident to her mother-in-law. Maa listened attentively, her lips forming a thin line as she pretended to scold Akshu for her cravings.