Blast off

Abhir was sitting on the sofa with his dida, watching a cartoon show on TV. He looked at his manjari with a serious expression and said,

Abhir- "Dida, I want to talk to you about something."

Manjari smiled and turned off the TV. She pulled Abhir closer to her and said,

Manjari- "What is it, my dear? You can tell me anything."

Abhir took a deep breath and said,

Abhir- "Dida, I want Papa to marry Anaira aunty."

Manjari was surprised by Abhir's words. She asked,

Manjari- "Why do you want that, Abhir? Don't you love your mumma?"

Abhir nodded- "I love mumma very much, dida. But mumma is in heaven now. She is not coming back. Papa is always sad and lonely. He works all day and doesn't have time to play with me. He doesn't smile or laugh anymore. He needs someone to make him happy, dida. And I think Anaira aunty can do that."

Manjari was touched by Abhir's concern for his father.

Manjari- "But beta why Anaira Aunty? Why not someone else?"

Abhir nodded-  "Anaira aunty is our neighbor, dida. She lives in the next apartment. She is very nice and kind. She always helps me with my homework and gives me chocolates. She also talks to Papa sometimes and makes him laugh. She is very pretty and smart, dida. She is a dance teacher. I like her a lot, dida. And I think Papa likes her too. But he is afraid to tell her. He thinks it will hurt mumma's memory. But mumma would want Papa to be happy, right, dida?"

Manjari hugged Abhir and said,

Manjari- "You are a very sweet and mature boy, Abhir. You are right, mumma would want Papa to be happy. And if Anaira aunty makes him happy, then I have no objection to their marriage. But it is not an easy decision, Abhir. Papa and Anaira aunty have to agree to it. They have to love each other and respect each other. They have to be ready to start a new life together. It is not something we can force them to do, Abhir. We can only wish them well and support them."

Abhir smiled and said, "Thank you, dida. You are the best. I hope Papa and Anaira aunty will realize their feelings soon and get married. Then we can be a happy family again."

Manjari kissed Abhir's forehead and said,

Manjari- "I hope so too, Abhir. I hope so too."

Unbeknownst to them, Abhi had heard their entire conversation from behind the door. He was shocked and angry by Abhir's words. He couldn't believe that Abhir wanted him to marry Anaira. He couldn't believe that Abhir had forgotten his mother so easily. He couldn't believe that Anaira had wormed her way into his son's heart and his life. He felt a surge of jealousy and resentment towards Anaira. He decided to confront her and put an end to her schemes.

He stormed out of his apartment and knocked on Anaira's door. Anaira opened the door and smiled when she saw him. She said,

Anaira- "Hi, Abhi. What a pleasant surprise. Do you want to come in?"

Abhi pushed past her and entered her apartment. He looked around and saw pictures of Anaira with Abhir, him and Manjari. He felt a pang of envy and bitterness. He said,

Abhi- "No, I don't want to come in. I want to talk to you. And I want to make it clear and fast."

Anaira was confused and alarmed by Abhi's tone and behavior. She asked,

Anaira- "What's wrong, Abhi? Did something happen?"

Abhi glared at her and said,

Abhi- "Yes, something happened. Something that you have been planning for a long time. Something that you have been manipulating me and my son for. Something that I will never let happen. You want to marry me, don't you, Anaira?"

Anaira was stunned by Abhi's accusation. She said,

Anaira- "What? No, Abhi. I don't want to marry you. Where did you get that idea from?"

Abhi snorted and said,

Abhi- "Don't play innocent with me, Anaira. I know your game. I know how you have been trying to get close to me and Abhir. I know how you have been pretending to be our friend and helper. I know how you have been filling Abhir's head with lies and fantasies. I know how you have been trying to take Akshu's place in our life. But you can't, Anaira. You can never replace Akshu. She was my wife, my love, my soulmate. She was Abhir's mother, his angel, his everything. She is still alive in our hearts and memories. And we will never forget her. We will never betray her. We will never move on from her. Do you understand, Anaira?"

Anaira was hurt and angry by Abhi's words. She said,

Anaira- "Abhi, you are being unfair and cruel. I have never tried to take Akshu's place in your life. I have never tried to manipulate you or Abhir. I have only tried to be your friend. I have only tried to help you and Abhir. I have only tried to make you happy. Because I care for you, Abhi. I care for you and Abhir. I love Abhir mere liye voh bohot special hai koi nahi hai mera jab se woh aaya hai aisa lagta hai jaise mera bhi koi hai. Mujhe orphan feeling nahi aati hai jabse woh meri zindagi main aaya hai. ."

Abhi was shocked and disgusted by Anaira's confession. He said,

Abhi- "You love Abhir? How dare you say that, Anaira? How dare you love Abhir? How dare you love Abhir? You have no right to love him Anaira. You have no right to interfere in our life, Anaira. You have no right to exist in our world, Anaira. You are nothing to us, Anaira. You are a stranger, an intruder, an enemy. You are a threat to our happiness, our peace, our loyalty. You are a curse to our family, our home, our memory. You are a mistake, Anaira. A big mistake. And I want you to stay away from us, Anaira. Stay away from me and Abhir. Stay away from our life. Stay away from our happiness. Stay away from our love. Stay away from us, Anaira. Stay away from us forever."

Abhi turned around and walked out of Anaira's apartment, slamming the door behind him. He left Anaira in tears, broken and shattered. He left her alone, with no hope, no future, no love. He left her with nothing but pain, regret, and sorrow.