Situation

Manjari was worried about Abhir. He had called her Early morning, crying and begging her to come to Mumbai. He also said something about Anaira, his neighbour, who had been nice to him.

Manjari decided to take the next flight to Mumbai. She wanted to see what was going on and comfort Abhir. She loved him more than anything in the world. He was the only reminder of Akshu.

She reached Mumbai in the afternoon and took a cab to Abhi's apartment. She rang the doorbell and waited. Abhir opened the door and ran into her arms.

Abhir- "Dida, you came!"

he exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

Manjari- "Of course, I came, mera bachaa. Pota bulaye aur dadi naa aaye aisa kaise ho sakta hai. How are you?"

Manjari asked, stroking his hair.

Abhir- "I'm fine now that you are here. But dad is still angry with me. I won't talk to him He scolded Anaira aunty so badly when she was not at fault. He is so mean!"

Abhir complained.

Manjari- "Who is Anaira?"

Abhir- "She is my friend. She lives in the next to our apartment in the building. She is very nice. She helps me when i got hurt while chasing a doggy and she also did the first aid unhone meri help jab main kho gaya tha tab bhi ki thi and she also plays with me. She also makes yummy cookies. But dad doesn't like her. He yelled at her and me yesterday. He said I shouldn't go to her house without telling him. I agree i was at fault that I didn't informed him but this thing Anaira aunty didn't know. Still he scolded her badly . She is very pretty. She just resembles the way you guys have described mumma."

Manjari was surprised by Abhir's words. She wondered who this Anaira was and how she resembles Akshu and in only one day he became a fan of her whereas he very timid with other people. He doesn't open up so soon. She wanted to meet her and find out more.

Manjari- "Where is your dad now?"

Abhir- "He is in his room. He is working on his laptop. He always works. He doesn't have time for me."

Manjari felt sorry for Abhi. She knew he was a good father, but he was also a lonely man. He had never remarried after Akshu's death. He had devoted his life to his work and his son. But he also had a fear of losing Abhir, just like he had lost Akshu. He was overprotective and strict with Abhir. He didn't want him to get hurt or attached to anyone else.

Manjari- "Can I talk to him?"

Abhir- "Sure, Dida. But he won't listen to you. He never listens to anyone."

Manjari smiled and kissed his cheek. She walked to Abhi's room and knocked on the door.

Manjari- "Abhi, it's me. Can I come in?"

There was no answer. She opened the door and saw Abhi sitting on the bed, staring at his laptop. He looked up and saw her.

Abhi- "Are Maa aap yaha, Aap kab aayi mujhe kuch bataya bhi nahi?"

Manjari- "I came to see you and Abhir. He called me last night and told me everything. He was very upset. He said you scolded him and some neighbour aunty. Why Abhi?

Abhi sighed and closed his laptop. He didn't want to talk about it. He felt guilty and ashamed of his behaviour. He had lost his temper and said things he didn't mean.

Abhi- " Maa aap toh jaante hai. Akshu ke jaane ke baad main tut sa gaya tha mujhe aisa laga tha ki mere pass kuch nahi hai, koi bhi nahi hai. Us din jab Akshu ke accident ki khabar mili thi tab main toh kamre main band hokar ro hi raha tha na. Par Abhir ki rone ki awaz se main bahar nikala tha. Aapko pata hai jab usse maine chup karane ke liye god mein liya tha tabhi decide kar liya tha ki ab bus isi ke sahare mein zinda rahunga. Ye banega mere jine ki wajah. Kal jab woh thode der ke liye mujhe nahi mila. Maa mujhe laga meri aatma mere sharir se alag ho gayi hai. Mere andar woh dar chane laga ki Akshu ki tarah main Abhir ko bhi naa khodu. Maa main jaanta hu maine galat kiya par jo bhi kiya maine apne bache ke khine ke dar se kiya.

Manjari listened to Abhi's words and felt a pang of sadness. She understood his feelings. She knew how much he loved Akshu and how much he missed her. She knew how much he loved Abhir and how much he feared losing him. She also knew how lonely he was and how much he needed someone to love him and support him. She knew he was not happy. He was not living. He was just surviving.

Manjari- "Abhi I understand par aapko aapki galti ka ehsaas hai hain toh aapko unse maafi bhi mangni chahiye na."

Abhi- "Ji maa main abhi jaakar maafi mangta hu"

Manjari- "Beta main pehle usse milna chahti hu phir hi tum usse maafi mangna"

Abhi- " Ji Maa par aap uska cehra dekh kar ye yaad rakhna uska naam Anaira hain.

Manjari gets confused on Abhi words but still nodding she went to meet Anaira.

She left to meet Anaira. Manjari knocked on her door. Soon Anaira opened the door. To say Manjari was shocked won't be a lie. She keep on staring Anaira face which was according to her was exact replica of Akshu. In her mind Abhi was starts to echo which somehow helps to regain her senses and composed herself reminding herself that her name is Anaira.

Anaira- " Yes, Aap kon?"

Manjari- " Mera naam Manjari hain. Manjari Birla woh Abhir hain naa uski dadi. Aapse kuch baat karni thi please. Kya main andar aa sakti hu.

Anaira nods and let Manjari in. Manjari look around the house which seems to be well maintained. She was impressed. She took a seat on the nearby couch. While Anaira went into kitchen to bring water for her and then took a seat just in fron of her.

Anaira- "Please say, What do you wanna say"

Manjari- " Beta pehle toh main aapse Sorry bolna chahti hu, Abhir ne bataya Jo bhi Abhi ne aapko kaha."

Anaira- " Are nahi Aunty aap kyu apologize kar rahi hai. Galti toh unki hai aap kyu sorry bol tahi hai. Par aunty ye itna sadu kyu hain?"

Manjari- " Beta Abhi humesha se itna sadu nahi tha. Ye toh jabse uski wife yani Humari Akshara gayi hai humne chid kar tab se ye aisa ho gaya hain. Beta main maanti hu ki galti uski thi par uske gusse ke piche ke dar ko aap shayad nahi samjhi. Beta usne Abhir ko hi aoni puri duniya bana liya hain Akshu ke baad. Kal jab usse Abhir sirf kuch palo ke liye nahi mila usse toh laga ki uski jine ki wajah hi kisine chin li hai. Aur jaise jaise samay bitta gaya uska ye dar us oar haavi hone laga. Isliye jab usse kal abhir wapas mila uska dar gusse main badal kar aap par aur Abhir par tut pada. Beta main koi safai nahi de rahi par aapko uski situation samjha rahi hu. Ki usse jo kuch bhi hua voh uske liye guilty hai balki ye ensure kar rahi hu ki jab voh aapse maafi maange toh maaf kar dena. Kam se kam ek guilt toh uske dil se uttre."

Anaira was too stunned to hear about Abhi past life and now somewhere understood the real reason behind his anger.

Anaira- " Aunty aap tension mat lijiye aur usse guilty hone ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Galti meri bhi thi toh I should also apologize to him.

_______________________________