Part-16

JOSEON DYNASTY

Taehyung was roaming around his pavilion after having dinner. He suddenly felt someone's shadow between the curtains.
"Is that my shadow?". He tilted his head and proceeded with walking.
He then slowly walked near the curtain casually but without warning he raised his sword.
"Who are you? Come out!".
A hand came in contact with the curtain and pushed it with hesitation.
"Ashley?". He looked at her, who was standing there with her head low.
"Wha- what are you doing here?". He said.
"Actually, I- I couldn't sleep as tomorrow we have to fight against Haheo king. I was scared about the future and felt like meeting you. I came here and saw nobody near your pavilion so I just got Inside. I thought of leaving as you were not present in the pavilion but I heard Footsteps so I just hid myself here".
Taehyung didn't say anything but bursted into laughter.
"Your majesty, why are you laughing?". She looked at him in confusion.
"Because it's cute". He looked at her.
"Cu-te?".
"Yes, cute. You're cute". Ashely avoided his eye contact.
"I- i have to go-".
"Why are you scared?".
"Ha?".
"Why are you facing difficulty sleeping?".
"Because..Your majesty, I got to know that you sent a letter to the Haheo king that tomorrow's fight will be against you , Jungkook and That king , his brother, so as not to bring soldiers. What are you even thinking? How can you and Jungkook fight against them? You know what that sage said, right? They are mages, they got water and fire power. You can't fight against them. You'll- you'll-".
"Die?". He completed her words while raising his eyebrows.
"You don't believe your Village King?".
"Your majesty, if not about believing. It's literally against normal humans and Superpower humans. You can't risk your life like this".
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees. To protect my people, I'm ready to risk my life".
Ashely was taken back by his words. She was not sure what to say now. The king who's known as psycho who gives punishment and beheads the people for no reason and made a rule that every man should cover their face and should never see a mirror , is actually risking his life to save his people.
"But, your majesty. You can postpone the war right? You can search for people who can fight against those mages".
"It feels good". He said after a few seconds.
"Ha?".
"It feels good that I got someone who's worried about me".
Taehyung slowly embraced her and stroked her hair.
"Don't worry. You know your king is powerful right?".
She broke the hug.
"Your majesty, you are powerful. I agree with that. But there's a limit. You and Jungkook are humans! They are not humans!! You can't fight against them!! Stop being stubborn!! You'll die if you guys go alone without soldiers!!! And if you die I'm killing myself!!!! Because I can't live without your ruling!! To me you are the only king to our village. I'll die if others rule this village instead of you!! This village belongs to you!! I belong to you!!".
She shouted at him without caring others could hear and most importantly without caring he's the king.
There was a pin drop silence.
"Your majesty, the sage arrived to meet you".
His Eunuch announced from outside the room.
"You hide yourself as you just did now". Taehyung said to Ashley.
She just nodded and went behind the curtain.
"Let him inside". He then announced.
The door opened revealing the sage. He slowly got inside and bowed to the king.
"What brought you here late at night?". Taehyung asked.
"Even though I already told you they are sages, you still decided to fight against them. That too without soldiers?".
"You only said right, they are not humans. So, I can't risk the Soldier's life".
"Soldiers are literally raised to give their life to the country right?".
"Still, I can't do that because I literally know that two are mages. So, obviously bringing soldiers will be no point".
"So you are willing to risk yours and your friend's life for people?".
"Obviously, that's what a king does right? And yeah, I'm not risking my friend's life. If they try to kill him, I'll- I'll beg them to kill me instead".
"A king who is ready to beg? Nice".
"Then what should I do? What if they enter our village and burn the people? What if they create floods? Everybody will die. And moreover it's in my horoscope that I'll destroy this village by myself, I don't want to do that. So, I would rather sacrifice myself".
"What's the use? What's the use if you sacrifice? They'll acquire this village and rule it. Obviously you'll lose".
Taehyung didn't utter a word.
"But let me tell you something. You can protect this village and you together".
"What? How?".
"A powerful people should be defeated by the powerful people only. The mages should be defeated by the mage only".
"Mage? Did you find any mage?".
"Yes, they are in your Village only".
"In my village we have mage?".
"Yes. Actually when I saw them long back I felt something different about them. So I searched their horoscope and did research on them. I can confirm that they are the mage. A powerful mage, the wind which can easily destroy water and fire".
"Wind?".
"Who is that? Who has the power?".
Sage gave a smirk.
"The person who's hiding behind the curtain. She's the mage".