Part-18

Joseon dynasty

Jungkook was walking towards his house but his foot stopped when he saw his brother.
"Ian? What is he doing on the road at midnight?". He said to himself and walked forward towards his brother. Suddenly he halted when he saw a girl with his brother. He soon hid himself near the tree and watched them.
"Isn't that girl Ashley's best friend Mira?".
Ian turned when he heard Jungkook's voice. Jungkook placed his hand on mouth and stepped back so Ian couldn't see him.
His brother had a deep conversation with her for a few more minutes and finally hugged her, making Jungkook's eyes widen.
"Is he? Is he in love?". Jungkook slowly whispered.
Ian and Mira walked towards the opposite road and headed to their house.
Jungkook stood for a few minutes and walked towards his house.

"My son, why are you late too?". Jungkook's mom asked him when he entered the house.
"I had some work in the palace. What about too? Did dad come late too?".
"Not dad but your brother came late too".
"Oh why?" He asked when though he knew.
"I don't know. You only ask your brother". She went inside the kitchen.
Jungkook marched towards his brother's room and banged the door.
"I'm coming in". He stepped inside and saw his brother who was lost in his thoughts while sitting on his bed.
He deeply sighed and tapped his shoulder.
"Did any ghost possess you? Why are you not replying to me?". Jungkook sat next to Ian.
"Did you say anything? I didn't hear anything". Ian said.
"Ahhh! This is how it feels when you are in love?".
"Lo-ve? Love!? What love? Which love? I'm not in love!!". Ian panicked.
"Why? Why? Why? Why are you panicking? I'm not even talking about you. I'm talking about Taehyung".
"Taehyung- I mean King? Are you talking about the King?".
"Yes, I don't know why the hell did you panic. You acted as if you were in love and I caught you".
"Ha! ha! ha! ha!". Ian laughed in awkwardness.
"Wait. King is in love? Our king? Your friend? The one who acts cold and makes unwanted rules? Is he in love? Wow!! I can't believe this". He was frustrated.
"Why? Is there any problem?".
"Yes!! There are hundreds of problems!!! Did you forget what rule he made in our village? He said every single man in this village should cover their faces so that girls can see them and he also said no man should see themselves in the mirror because the only handsome man in this village should be king. Did you forget because those rules don't apply to you? Seriously Hyung, sometimes I even feel I should have become King's best friend, like see none of his rules applies to you. He doesn't care even if you break it. The only man who's walking in this village without covering his face is only you. Unfortunately that king never saw my face. Should I just go to his palace and introduce myself as your brother so that even I can walk without any mask?".
"Yeah, maybe I'm lucky that I'm his best friend but you can easily walk without masks and meet girls secretly right? I mean King is so busy that he doesn't even care about that rule now".
"H-how can we do that? It's a king's order so we have to follow it".
"So, you'll not meet girls?".
"G-irls? No, I'm not interested in girls".
"Wait- are you perhaps into boys-".
"Hyung!!! It's not like that. I'm not interested in love".
"Oh! So without any interest you were talking with Mira by breaking King's rule?".
Ian's eyes widened.
"Wh-what!? Y-ou know who's Mira?".
"Yes, I know. She's Ashley's best friend right?".
"You know Ashley too?".
"Yes, I know. I know a secret about her".
"What secret? Please tell me!".
"If you want me to tell, first tell me what's going on between you and Mira?".
"Fine. Me and Mira are in love. I love her alot". He without thinking twice.
"She loves you too?".
"Yes! We both are in a relationship. Fine? Now tell me about Ashley".
"Ashley is in a relationship too".
"WHATTT!!! WITH WHOM?? YOU?? YOU LOVE HER?? HYUNG!!! TELL FAST!!!".
"Stop! Hear me first. Ashley is in a relationship with Taehyung".
"WHATTTTTT?!!!!!! Mira never told me".
"Because she too doesn't know. King today Ashley to keep it secret. So, I'm telling you because you are my little brother. Don't tell anyone including Mira, understand?".
"Okay".