deus ex machina

➵ deus ex machina | 𝟎𝟏𝟑◟ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗜 ◞ ₊˚⊹♡𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙 ‹𝟹

◟ 𝗮𝗰𝘁 𝗜 ◞ ₊˚⊹♡
𝚁𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝙳𝚛𝚘𝚙 ‹𝟹

Everything around (Y/N) was enveloped in darkness, a suffocating shroud that seemed to swallow her whole

Everything around (Y/N) was enveloped in darkness, a suffocating shroud that seemed to swallow her whole. She couldn't see a thing, couldn't even discern her own hand in front of her face. The oppressive weight of the darkness pressed in on her from all sides, leaving her feeling isolated and vulnerable in its icy grip.

A chill wind swept through the void, sending shivers down her spine as she hugged herself tightly, seeking solace in the warmth of her own embrace. But the cold seemed to seep into her very core, chilling her to the bone and leaving her trembling with fear.

Just when she thought she couldn't bear it any longer, a voice broke through the darkness, cutting through the silence like a beacon of light in the night. A beacon of light for now at-least.

"(Y/N), if you are receiving this message, it means we have lost full connection to the digital universe," the voice paused, almost as if it were searching for the right words.

She wondered what he was going to say, worried for the worst. She didn't care that they lost contact with the digital universe; it's not like they were doing anything anyways. That was her job, her mission, what she had given her life to.

"A week and a half ago, or at least that was the time when we sent this message before we lost connection, a single anomaly appeared—or more so—revealed itself. Back home, the folks in the lab named it the master anomaly."

The message went silent, as if someone had cracked a really bad joke. "Anyways..." the voice continued, "this master anomaly is basically the original anomaly, and the heart of the others."

"We don't know the reason for the sudden appearance, but we could track its signal to the first-ever anomaly that had formed in the digital universe."

"So I'm sure you know what I'm implying. Kill it—Kill the problem," he said, like it was so simple. (Y/N) had managed to put two and two together and realized the so-called master anomaly was the one that had been terrorizing her.