Chapter 12: The Unwanted

After classes, I went straight to the program, trying to distract myself from the unsettling encounter with Luka. The activities weren't anything special, just the usual routine that we went through day after day., I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the back of my mind.

As the day wore on, I made a conscious effort to avoid Luka as much as possible. I even opted to eat dinner alone in my room, preferring the solitude to the uncomfortable silence that seemed to hang between us whenever we were in each other's presence.

Luka's words continued to echo in my mind, gnawing at the edges of my consciousness like a persistent itch that I couldn't scratch. Something about him felt familiar, but I knew for a fact that I had never met him before. I had sifted through my memories countless times, searching for any trace of him, but each time, I came up empty-handed.

With a frustrated sigh, I pushed aside my thoughts and decided to distract myself with a trip to the library. Perhaps immersing myself in a good book would help to quiet the storm of confusion that raged inside my mind.

As I entered the library, I scanned the room in search of Yori, hoping to catch another glimpse of the mysterious butler. However, to my disappointment, he was nowhere to be found. It seemed that fate had other plans for me that evening.

Undeterred, I made my way to the shelves, selecting a few books at random before settling into a cozy corner of the living room. I crossed my legs and opened one of the books, but try as I might, I couldn't seem to focus on the words printed on the page.

Instead, my mind wandered back to Luka and the enigmatic statue that had sparked our conversation earlier that day. The memory of his tear-stained face and heartfelt confession tugged at my heartstrings, leaving me feeling strangely unsettled.

Lost in thought, I barely noticed the passage of time as I sat there, my mind consumed by a whirlwind of questions and doubts. Who was Luka, and why did he seem so familiar to me? And what secrets lay hidden within the walls of this mysterious institution?

With a heavy sigh, I closed the book and leaned back against the cushions, my thoughts still in turmoil. It seemed that no matter how hard I tried to escape the mysteries that surrounded me, they always found a way to pull me back in, deeper and deeper into the tangled web of intrigue that seemed to envelop this place.

As I was staring into the space I here a notification, I unlock my phone and as expected it was Hame.

"Y/n, please don't come home," the message read, and I couldn't help but scoff at his audacity.

"I don't plan to come back," I replied curtly, my irritation evident in my tone.

"Good. You know that ever since we were young, I would avoid coming to your house. Well, today I had no choice but to stop by and deliver something there. You wouldn't believe what I found out," Hame's message continued, and I felt a sense of unease settle in the pit of my stomach.

"What did you find out?" I asked, my curiosity piqued despite my apprehension.

"A girl who looks like you answered. I asked her who she is, and she said that she's your sister," Hame replied, his words sending a shiver down my spine.

"But I don't have any sister," I protested, my mind racing with questions and doubts.

"Exactly," Hame confirmed, and I could sense the seriousness in his tone.

"Not funny, Hame. I know you love playing pranks on me," I said, trying to brush off the unsettling revelation.

"It's not a prank, Y/n. I saw her with my own eyes. There's someone in your house pretending to be your sister, and I think you need to find out who she really is," Hame said, his words punctuated by a sense of urgency.