Chapter 15: The Sin of forgetting

"Yori, are you alright?" I asked, my voice tinged with concern. But he didn't respond, his silence adding to the eerie atmosphere that enveloped us. Despite his lack of response, I could hear the steady rhythm of his heartbeat beneath me, a reassuring reminder of his presence.

As I lay atop him, feeling increasingly trapped by the strange force that held me in place, panic began to rise within me. I couldn't stay here indefinitely, at the mercy of whatever unseen power had ensnared us. My only option was to call for help, relying on Luka to come to our aid. I hated relying on others for help but right now I'm desperate, I need to swallow my pride.

"Why isn't Yori responding? I can't stay here all night," I thought to myself, frustration and anxiety gnawing at my insides. With a deep breath, I gathered my courage and called out for Luka, my voice echoing through the empty room.

To my relief, I heard Luka's footsteps drawing closer, his presence a welcome beacon of hope in the darkness. As he approached, I quickly explained the situation, urging him to open the door and help me up.

Luka's expression was a mix of surprise and concern as he took in the scene before him.

"Y/n, what's going on?" Luka asked, his brow furrowed with worry as he surveyed the scene before him.

"I fell on top of Yori, and now I can't seem to get up, and Yori is unconscious," I explained, my voice trembling slightly with a mixture of fear and frustration.

Luka nodded in understanding, his eyes flickering with determination as he reached out to pull me up. With a gentle tug, he managed to lift my body from the ground, though he struggled under my weight. I was still sitting on yori's lap.

"I'm sorry for not being strong," Luka apologized, his voice laced with self-doubt.

"That isn't true, you're strong enough," I reassured him, offering him a small smile despite the gravity of the situation. .

As I tried standing I found that my legs were still unresponsive, as if they had been numbed by the strange force that had held me captive. With a sigh of frustration, I realized that I would need Luka's assistance to navigate my way out of this predicament.

As Luka set me down gently, I couldn't help but feel grateful for his support. "Luka, you can put me down now. Thanks for helping me. I don't know what I would do without you," I said, my voice filled with sincere appreciation. Despite my relief, a nagging sense of unease lingered in the back of my mind. What if Luka hadn't heard me? What if I had been left alone on the ground? I hated feeling so helpless, reliant on others for even the simplest tasks.

Enough sulking, I told myself sternly. We needed to focus on Yori. With a determined mindset, I lightly slapped Yori's face in an attempt to rouse him from his unconscious state. But to my dismay, he remained unresponsive, his features still and unmoving.

"What happened? Why is he unconscious?" Luka asked, his voice tinged with concern as he watched me attempt to wake Yori.

"I'm not so sure myself," I admitted, feeling a sense of frustration at our lack of answers.

"Let's call an ambulance. Better safe than sorry," I suggested, but Luka hesitated, his expression troubled.

"Wait, I think we should talk to Dr. Suting first before doing anything," he said, his voice hesitant.

"Sure, why don't you call him?" I suggested, handing him my phone. But to my surprise, Luka seemed reluctant.

"I... um... can you please call him? I'm not very good with interacting with people," he confessed, his cheeks tinged with a faint blush.