Chapter 27: Safe me, please.

Trigger warning:

As he calmly strangles me, his usual charming demeanor seems eerie against the backdrop of his violent actions. Despite the lack of malice in his expression, the beauty of his features remains unchanged, making the situation all the more unsettling. I gaze into his eyes, desperate to convey my confusion and fear as I struggle against his overpowering grip. My nails dig into his hands, drawing blood, a disturbing realization dawning upon me – he's a doll. But how can a doll bleed? The certainty of his artificial nature sends a shiver down my spine, reinforcing the urgency of my escape.

"Yori... what are you doing?!" I manage to gasp out, the words strained with effort.

"I know you know," he replies calmly, his voice a chilling contrast to the violence of his actions.

"No," I protest weakly, searching for any semblance of understanding. "I don't know much."

"Don't play dumb," he retorts, his voice deep and soft, yet carrying an unmistakable weight of authority. "I know everything that has transpired in this story thus far. Your thoughts, your actions, everything."

A sense of dread washes over me as his words sink in. His smile, though serene, fails to mask the turmoil in his eyes. "I'll defy her," he continues, his voice quivering with emotion. "I'll unravel everything she's worked so hard to build. I won't allow her to thwart my efforts to end you, driven by my unwavering affection."

His admission sends a chill down my spine, the implications of his words leaving me reeling. In the face of his seemingly boundless determination, I realize that escaping his grasp may be the least of my worries.

As I struggled against his relentless grip, my attempts to scream or speak were futile, leaving me enveloped in a suffocating despair. The thought crossed my mind: why was I fighting so desperately? Did it even matter? With no family to mourn my passing, perhaps death would be a welcome release from this torment.

Gazing into his watery eyes, I resigned myself to my fate. So, this was to be my end. As my consciousness began to fade, I reached out to wipe away his tears, a final act of defiance in the face of my demise. Even in death, I vowed to haunt him, to make him rue the day he dared to end my life.

"Don't look at me like that!" he yelled, his agitation palpable. But I refused to avert my gaze, determined to torment him until the bitter end. What more could he do to me? Kill me?

"Stop... looking at me... Like that or..." his threat trailed off ominously.

"Or I'll pluck my eyes out of you!" he declared, his eyes turning a menacing shade of red, like blood.

Before I could comprehend his words, searing pain engulfed my left eye as he brutally plucked it from its socket. The agony was unbearable, every nerve in my body screaming in protest. I screamed until my throat felt raw, until all I could feel was a numbing void.

Then, mercifully, the pain subsided, replaced by an eerie sensation of weightlessness. My vision blurred, and suddenly, I saw her – my mother, her eyes filled with sorrow and regret. But why was she here? She was supposed to be confined to the mental hospital, unable to leave its confines.

As her lips moved, forming the words "I'm sorry," a plea for help, I realized that this nightmare was far from over. It seemed that even in death, there was no escape from the haunting specter of my past.

                               ***

As her lifeless form lay before me, her once-beautiful body now limp and vacant, blood seeping from the hollow sockets where her eyes once were, a twisted sense of exhilaration coursed through me. It was a euphoria unlike anything I had ever experienced, intoxicating in its intensity yet laced with a pain that threatened to consume me whole. The sight of her mutilated face, devoid of the eyes I had so mercilessly torn from their sockets, filled me with a perverse sense of satisfaction.