Chapter 1

Part 1
"You know you've found someone right for you when they let you see what's past their shield"

——

Soobin was a firm believer that summer vacations are meant to be a time to chill out and enjoy not having any school or stress. That's usually why he was so excited for it, even though it's not his favorite season as an avid winter lover.

This summer, however, was different.

Instead of hanging out with his two friends who were dating as the third-wheel, he was now sitting on the cold wooden floor of a school gym.

Why?

Despite his many protests, his mother signed him up for this dumb summer camp. You heard him, summer camp. He was almost a senior in high school, and yet he had to attend something that he thought was for little kids only.

Urgh. If I was already 18, I could take this decision on my own. But no, my birthday just has to be in December. Ah dammit.

Soobin was texting his friend at the moment, in hopes of escaping this, but sadly, he was doing something with his boyfriend in downtown Seoul, thirty minutes away from his current location.

Hoseok Hyung

Come on Bin, just enjoy yourself!
*Jungkook is typing this* I would
Acting, singing and dancing are a lot of fun!

Doesn't help when I can barely do each of them
Urgh why are my parents so annoying?
I didn't have to do summer camps before
Why a musical camp out of all options too?
I'm rather surprised it's not one on how to run a business one day

*Hoseok is back* Welll maybe they just want you to do something else
Something not related to their work
And make new friends ya know

I don't need new friends. I have you guys.

Don't say that
Oh we gotta go now; talk later?

Okay

Soobin clicked his phone off, putting his phone back in his pocket and glancing up to see that the program host, with the name of Jung Eunji had come up to the middle of the stage that was backed against the wall of the gym, looking at everyone gathered in the room.

"Good morning boys and girls. Welcome to our yearly Musical Camp, where we are gonna sing, dance, and act for the show at the end of this month."

She kept talking on and on and on about all the fun stuff they were going to do for three whole weeks.

Not in the mood to pay attention, Soobin zoned out and began twiddling his thumbs to pass the time.

"... alrighty, I'll be reading the list of names to take attendance. Not many joined this program this year; we only have forty people on the list."

Forty? That's not many?

The host kept going down the list calling names until she reached the C surnames.

"Choi Soobin?"

Soobin raised his hand.

"Ah, hello. You had a song planned for us, right?"

"Uh, yes," he said through a forced smile.

The latter hated going in front of many people, but his mother did not care one bit and told him to pick a song to sing.