Chapter 43

🎶: 'Cool for the Summer' by Demi Lovato

"Did you really have to drag us to this party?" Beomgyu complained from the backseat.

"Yes, I did have to Gyu; you don't want to be rude to my cousin, right? She worked extremely hard to organize this party for her friends from college; the most appreciation we can give is to attend it!" Yeonjun fired back without looking backwards or into the rear mirror.

Beomgyu pouted, hand resting on his now black and slightly longer hair. It fits pretty well to his all-black outfit too with a silver gray harness. Likewise to his two other friends, he had also dyed his hair a few years back, which made him look more mature, and like a 20 year old man too.

"Just know that you're dead meat if I get drunk, okay?" he warned.

"Then don't drink alcohol, dummy," Soobin said.

The now brown haired man, whose hair had a bit of a purplish tint to it, was dressed in blue jeans, black t-shirt and a leather jacket (A/N: this Music Bank MC outfit truly is superior) and to quote him, he said that he hasn't worn that outfit since the last time he was at a party.

Which was two years ago.

And he wonders why I wanted to drag him and Beomgyu out to live and enjoy life for once.

"At least someone has brains here," Yeonjun, whose hair was now a bold orange, commented.

Beomgyu exhaled.

Such bullies always bullying me.

"Who is gonna be there?" he then asked.

"Yeji, us three, and a buttload of her friends. Nothing too serious," Yeonjun said, turning a corner.

Oh yeah, Yeonjun kinda regreted saying that.

Seems like Yeji invited more than just her friends (or maybe her friends invited more people), as there were so many other college students and business people here, ranging from the ages of late teens to early thirties.

Soobin and Beomgyu, being the socially awkward people they are (well, one of them especially was) attempted to hide behind Yeonjun, but that did exactly not work.

Unfortunately, all of three of them were giants towering over all the people in the room.

Tall people problems, amirite.

Loud music boomed throughout the colorfully illuminated disco room, which was really packed to the brim, and it reeked of alcohol and soda and sweat.

Yep; this is definitely a party for adults. 

Yeonjun spotted Yeji dancing with her college friend Eunbi on the main stage. They were trying out something on the blend of sexy dance and hip hop. And to no one's surprise, both were really good at it.

Seems like the crowd agrees with the way they were hooting and roaring for the two.

"Hey Hyung, didn't you say this won't be serious?" Beomgyu asked.

Yeonjun gulped.

"I—"

"Cuz this is much better!"

Soobin and Yeonjun gave him a concerned look.

"Are you the same Beomgyu as earlier?"

"That was for show," Beomgyu replied, a cute tease in his voice.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, a cheeky idea coming to mind.

"Well Gyu, how about you and I have a little shots' competition?"