Chapter 16

Taehyun felt strange as he woke up the next day and began stirring to life.

Why is the sun shining onto my hair? And... how come my face is rising up and down?

When the brunette boy fully opened his sleepy eyes, Taehyun could barely see any color in front of him. In fact, he was staring at a piece of fabric. And he was hugging someone too.

Wait— where am I?

And then it finally clicked for him.

I stayed at Soobin's place overnight.

Right, he didn't go home because of the awful weather, and instead went to Soobin's house; he made him tea and offered him to stay overnight in his room.

Hold on... this isn't the air mattress.

Taehyun nervously glanced up.

There Soobin was, still sleeping peacefully. One arm draped around the younger's smaller body, keeping him close in his warm surprise.

And that's when it really dawned on Taehyun.

We slept together. Side by side.

The moment Taehyun realized that, two things happened. One, his face heated up so bad that the poor thing became dizzy from the overwhelming heat creeping into his cheeks as the blood rushed into them at lightning speed, and two, he jumped out of surprise and fell off the bed, crashing into the air mattress next to the bed.

"OW!"

Dammit, that's gonna leave a mark.

Taehyun rubbed his forehead, wincing from the impact.

"Are you okay? That was one hefty fall."

The brunette glanced up, staring at Soobin, who looked at him with concern despite his sleepy expression, with a bright red face.

"Y-Yeah I-I'm okay."

Come on Taehyun, don't be shy right now.

"W-What happened last night?" Taehyun nervously asked.

For some reason he could not remember any of it. Another trait of his that he dislikes: he can't oftentimes remember things that happen over the course of the night.

"Last night? Umm you had a nightmare, and then you climbed into my bed and hugged me for comfort," Soobin explained.

And if Taehyun wasn't red enough already, he was now scarlet, almost maroon (at least his ears were already that color).

WHAT?!?! OH MY GOD YOU'RE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO HUMANITY KANG TAEHYUN!

"I hope you're feeling better; you seemed very shaken up," Soobin continued.

"I do."

Don't ask how Taehyun could say that with a straight face; the poor thing was screaming on the inside.

Yeah no. God, I think I've never ever felt so embarrassed before.

"You can borrow some of my clothes again for the school day. I have a few that don't fit me anymore, but if you want, you can have them," Soobin offered again.