Chapter 8

It was the day of the show.

Six more days of endless and effort-filled practice, in which all participants significantly improved in all their performances, dress rehearsals and final rehearsals had passed by, and now it was time.

Time to show what they got.

The seats of the audience in the auditorium were filling up, one by one, until there was no more space left.

Soobin peeked from behind the curtain, and slightly gulped when he saw the crowd.

"There are a lot of people here," he whispered.

"Oh really? Aw shucks, more people that can catch mistakes," Beomgyu jokingly whined.

"Come on guys, we'll do great! We achieved a lot in the past few days," Taehyun encouraged.

"I guess."

"Everyone, come over here!" Hyojun whisper-shouted.

Like he said, every participant across all groups came over and gathered around the four hosts.

"I want to say that whatever may happen tonight, we are all so proud of your hard work. You guys are gonna nail your scenes!"

"We too hope that our teaching helped you," Naerin smiled.

"And keep in mind what I told you about your dancing!"

"Musical Camp—" Eunji started.

"Fighting!" the crowd chorused.

The all-beloved melody of Into the New World by SNSD, which Naerin and Sojung thought could only be the most appropriate way to start a concert, began to play as everyone got into their spots.

This performance had taken the most time and effort due to all forty participants taking part in the opening act, but they got it down in no time.

As soon as the first 16 counts of the song were over, they all turned around with smiles on their faces, and began the dance.

Parents in the audience immediately started clapping along and cheering for the kids, automatically boosting their morale on stage, motivating them to give them a performance that they'll never forget.

Group B started the song, their voices blending well together, often changing center positions depending on who could embody the song the best at the moment. Group A continued from the pre chorus until the chorus, with everyone fawning over how adorable they all danced along to it.

Then, all the groups sang together, pouring the lyrics and emotions of the song with all they got, giving many people flashbacks to when this song was first released (A/N: I'm like a month and a half older than this song 😭).

Group C continued after the chorus, with the younger ones taking over the center parts the most, and Group B did the pre chorus this time.

Again, the chorus came, where everyone sang together once more, truly feeling the beautiful song.

Even the audience was starting to sing along with them, encouraging the performers even more to do their very best.

"Into the new world~"

At that verse, Taehyun and Soobin looked at each other, smiling brightly.

And at that same moment, Soobin thought to himself: I'm glad he is my friend, and that he trusts me as much as I do.

After their entrance stage, there was a small skit performed by half of Group B, followed by a mini performance from Group A. And right after that was gonna be Replay.