Chapter 31

A/N: continue playing Lonely Night by Taeyeon if you want and/or saved it :)

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Once the... momentarily troubled couple were done unpacking their stuff for this five-day-trip, Soobin and Taehyun headed back downstairs for dinner in the main dining hall. Despite it being nearly 9 o'clock in the evening, the buffet was still loaded with lots of good food, and a large quantity of various dishes at that.

"Can't wait to eat some of that caviar," Beomgyu grinned, licking his lips in savory.

Taehyun only served himself a bit of rice, as that's been the only thing he's been eating at home, aside from the occasional free bimbap his dear old manager sometimes gave him from his hard work, the past few weeks.

Upon seeing that, Beomgyu sighed, grabbed a spoon as well as Taehyun's plate.

"What the—"

Before dumping a whole load of mashed potatoes on the white porcelain.

"You. Are. Eating. On this trip. Got it?" Beomgyu said.

Taehyun sighed.

"I'm not very hungry—"

And there his tummy growled.

"Your stomach says otherwise."

Why did you betray me just now.

Beomgyu reached up to tousle Taehyun's hair, and also giving him a very mild clap on the head.

"Hey."

"What?"

"Treat yourself, okay? Your mom would want you to have a full belly again for once."

Taehyun exhaled tiresomely.

"You have a point."

Beomgyu smiled at him, wrapping his arm around his shoulder to give him a short squeeze.

"Come on, you can sit with me and my roommates, okay?"

As long as it means you'll talk to Soobin afterwards.

Taehyun could read that sentence in his mind immediately, but he didn't comment on it.

"Fine."

Call Soobin nosy, but he heard the whole conversation while making himself ramen in a cooker nearby, and caught on a lot of things.

Why aren't you eating Taehyun?

Taehyun stayed with Beomgyu, as well as Jeongin and Heeseung, most of the time until it was time to go to bed and bid each other a good night.

To which Beomgyu said, "I'll see about that".

Cuz on most class trips? He never slept as he was often goofing around until past midnight.

Again, Soobin and Taehyun stood awkwardly in the elevator going up to the eighth floor, but to his relief, Hoseok and Jungkook were also there, who made it less awkward.

"What do you think tomorrow's plan is besides eating at that restaurant?" Hoseok questioned.

Mr Shun had brightly announced to a crowd of drowsy students that they'll be going to an exquisite steak restaurant tomorrow evening, on the courtesy of the principal who unfortunately hadn't been able to attend due to a knee surgery.