Chapter 53

A/N: final chapter is here 🥹🤍 if you can access the video above, that's the music for today's update

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-..-.-..-..-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-

Soobin just sat there, his eyes fixed on Taehyun.

Everything around them had become silent.

The wind, the occasional whir of a car passing by, the birds chittering in the trees— everything.

He thought he was just imagining it.

Did Taehyun..... really just say what he thought he just said?

The younger looked up at the older, his clear eyes sparkling as his lips curved upward.

"I truly mean it, Soobinie."

"Taehyun... I thought you needed more time, I-I thought you weren't ready to do this again, t-that it's all going way too fast—"

Taehyun silenced him by placing a finger on Soobin's lips, which had already become plumber again from the night before.

"I think I already used the amount I needed."

Soobin's heart was racing in his chest so much that it was causing him to stumble over his words.

"What do you mean?"

Taehyun smiled softly.

"I spoke with my father. It... went well, far better than I expected. He said that I'm lucky to have people who love me, how... you still have the same love in your eyes for me back then. Meaning... nothing's changed, even in two years. You're still the same boy I fell in love with."

He gazed into Soobin's eyes that were beginning to turn glossy.

"And life is short. So... I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Time.

This is what has always been the most magical thing about Soobin and Taehyun's lives together as lovers.

Before they met... time went by so fast.

They both grew up so quickly due to their circumstances, losing parts of their youth in the process.

But when they were with each other... time slowed down, and went at the right pace.

Everything, no matter how difficult, was right if it was just the two of them in this world they created through their love.

A small tear ran down Soobin's cheek. He was overwhelmed, with all the happiness he was feeling at this moment. He hugged Taehyun tightly, finally letting the tears of joy stream down his face as his arms locked around him, heart shaking with relief as... he realized something else.

"Taehyunie... now we don't need to fear being in a relationship anymore."

The smaller brunette frowned.

"What do you mean by that?"

"My father... met up with me just now. He gave us his blessing."

"Really?!?!" Taehyun gasped.

"Yes! We are free to do whatever we want now! Your family can come back to Korea too, he won't threaten you anymore; you all are safe!"

A large smile lit up Taehyun's face.

"This is... amazing. Almost like a dream"

Soobin pulled him closer, resting his palms on his waist while Taehyun's hands landed on his shoulders; a position almost equivalent to three years ago, when they first confessed to each other.

"Can I... kiss you? To make us official?" Soobin asked.

"What did I tell you last night?"

Soobin didn't hold back and crashed his lips onto Taehyun. The younger closed his eyes at the beautifully loving contact.

"I love you," Soobin gasped in between.

"I love you too."

The two kissed each other, lips moving in perfect sync.

Now, this was official. They were a couple again; there's no greater joy than that.

I love you.

Three words, eight letters; something that meant everything to the two.

Words they will tell each other till the end of time.

Taehyun leaned his head on Soobin's shoulder, snuggling into it while wrapping an arm around his torso. Soobin had a hand around him too, pulling him close to a cuddling position.

"I'm happiest with you, hyungie."

"Me too Tyun."

And so, the two partners for eternity sat there, watching the city below them.

Happy at last.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N: .........

Who else just felt part of them die 🥹 this song makes me so emotional every time I hear it so I am very teary eyed now that... SHIT we really are done 😭
Well not really we still have the finale tomorrow 🤩 see you then my beloved lovelies 🥲 ily 💕

Secrets - [TAEBIN FF]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें