Chapter 22

🎶: 'Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)' by Lana Del Rey

This book has detailed much of Soobin's academic struggle and time-consuming efforts. But he wasn't the only one who also had a lot to though.

Even though he was a junior, school has also been hectic on Taehyun. The boy has also had to study a lot in the past few days, which meant less free time.

Thank the lord that he no longer had to work so much anymore; now that Ahyeon finally got a better job (though she didn't specify what), Taehyun only had shifts on the weekend.

Which was a very good thing; Taehyun wasn't sure if he would have been able to manage completing his current amount of assignments if he were still working on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

This also meant another thing: Soobin and Taehyun haven't been able to go on a date in a while.

Granted, the while was only a week between his birthday now, but as they say, time either goes by really fast, or drags on for hours on end.

But today, Thursday, was a day where a date was indeed possible.

Taehyun pulled Soobin excitedly by the hand after school, heading towards the café, wanting to share a meal with his boyfriend to reward themselves for all the hard work they've been putting into their academic responsibilities.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Soobin questioned, skeptical of how many people might be there.

Strangely, that was no on the top of Taehyun's list of concerns at the moment.

"You don't have to worry! We'll even get a discount since I work there."

"Oh wow."

"Now you know why I want to take you."

"I guess."

The couple arrived at the café, which at this point felt like another home to Taehyun with how often he was there. They headed inside, and were greeted by the warm heater and smell of brewing coffee.

Homey.

It's one way to call it.

"Should we order or sit down first?" Soobin asked.

"Let's sit down."

The two did just that and found a nice place in the back of the café, where they a little bit more privacy compared to sitting by the windows or in the middle of the main dining room. Not a minute later, someone came to take their order.

"Hello may I— Taehyun?"

His eyes brightened up with glee.

"Hey Yeonjun!"

In case it wasn't established yet: Yeonjun was technically Taehyun's closest friend at work. He was easy to talk to as he was so easygoing, and Taehyun could often vent to him about how much he hated his latest English exam or that "damn my back hurts from carrying all these crates".

He was a good friend, someone you could be lucky to have.

"Heyy, we miss ya at work. Who's your friend?" Yeonjun asked with a friendly smile.

Maybe that's why he thought he could... tell him who Soobin actually was.

Wanting to see if he could get a green light, Taehyun glanced at Soobin, whose eyes only said no.

One corner of his lips fell slightly, but Taehyun forced it back up and properly introduced him to Yeonjun.

"This is Soobin. He's an older friend of mine."