Chapter 11

After that little moment happened, Taehyun closed everything up and headed outside, where Soobin was patiently waiting for him by the door.

"How far away do you live from here?" he asked.

Taehyun calculated in his head the approximate time needed.

"I would say fifteen to twenty minutes by foot."

"Okay. I'll walk you home then."

His eyes shot up.

Soobin's offering to walk home with me? To my apartment?!?!

"No no, it's alright, you should get home as well—"

"It's dangerous to go on your own. I'll drop you off and call a taxi for myself."

Taehyun looked at his feet.

"It must be great to have all those possibilities, right?"

For anyone wondering, Taehyun still doesn't know a thing about Soobin's family background. But he naturally presumed that anyone and everyone he meets has definitely more money than him, seeing how no 16-year-old like him works overtime at night for hospital bills.

"Hey."

He lifted his head a bit.

"Look at me Taehyun."

Taehyun glanced up to see Soobin looking at him gently.

"This might sound overused but... it'll all be okay. One day, okay?"

The brunette boy smiled softly.

"Okay."

"That's good to know. Now, let's bring you home."

Taehyun nodded.

"Sure. I'll lead the way."

As predicted, the two high schoolers arrived in under fifteen minutes at the apartment. By then, the sun had completely disappeared and the lights were on, yet strangely enough as it is, it wasn't very cold yet either.

Street 125 consisted of mainly semi rundown buildings that you couldn't rely on to have running water or electricity at some times, but the people were very kind and it gets homey once you get used to it.

That didn't mean it exterminated the fact Taehyun felt super embarrassed when Soobin observed the building.

He probably lives in something way better than this.

"I don't understand why they cannot make these buildings just a little nicer," was all he said.

"We've complained before. No one listened."

Soobin sighed.

"I'm sorry for that."

Typical society thing.

"It's fine, we learned how to live with it."

Taehyun smiled at him.