Chapter 5

Taehyun stood there, unable to move as if he were immobilized. He was so still that the wind could blow him over and he wouldn't even make a sound if he hit the ground. 

The boy was just... simply too stunned to speak or even think properly.

I thought Soobin wasn't someone who'd really be that caring, but he proved me wrong. He gave me his hoodie. His own hoodie.

Taehyun lightly fingered the fabric. He could tell this was made out of fine material just from the touch of it; he couldn't believe he could wear this now.

He observed the hoodie further to find two romanized initials on it: a C and a S.

What could they mean?

Feeling cold after another chill wind, Taehyun pulled it over his head to put it on. Obviously, the piece of clothing was oversized on his smaller frame, but it was soft on the inside too. Taehyun snuggled his face into his sweater paws, breathing in his cologne.

It's so inviting...

"What are you even thinking, Kang Taehyun?"

Half an hour later, Taehyun returned home, not realizing how late he was until the moment he saw that his mom was a little livid in the living room upon noticing his presence.

"Kang Taehyun! Can you explain to me where you have been for the past three hours?!" Ahyeon scolded.

"I'm sorry Mom! I had to do something."

"Like what? Taehyun, you know I can't reach you at any time! At least call me with somebody else's phone!"

"I really am sorry. I won't forget it next time."

Ahyeon sighed and came over to embrace her son tightly in her arms, who hugged her back.

"Gosh Taehyun, you really need to eat more. I can feel your ribs already."

"I promise I'll try to."

That was when Ahyeon started sniffing the air at that moment.

"Taehyun, since when do you have Chanel cologne?"

"Huh? Oh!"

Taehyun broke free from the hug and tugged on the hoodie's hems.

"I was with Soobin earlier. I was a little cold, so he lent me his hoodie."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'll give it back to him tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll wash it for you. Now, go to your sisters; they're waiting for you!"

The brunette nodded, pulled off the hoodie and gave it to his mother before heading over to his sisters' room.

Lia was playing solitaire again with Yuna, but seemed a little annoyed.

"For the last time Yuna, you have to sort them like this!"

"Sorry unnie."

"Whatcha both doing?" Taehyun asked.

Lia and Yuna looked up, and gasped.

"We're sorry Hyunnie!"

"We didn't mean to take the cards from your old magician set! I just couldn't find the ones you used yesterday!" Lia exclaimed.

"It's fine; I haven't used that thing in years."

"I kinda miss you doing magic tricks," Yuna pouted.

Taehyun smiled sadly.