Chapter 40

⚠️ CAUTION WARNING ⚠️: this chapter is pretty intense and has sensitive topics.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

🎶: 'Tear' by BTS

Pit.

Pat.

Pit.

Pat.

Pit.

Pat.

The pattering rhythm of rain repeated itself as it hit the window pane. A low rumble of thunder followed, and the sky turned slightly darker.

Or maybe it was just the evening coming, it was already quite late, and the traffic was slowly getting worse due to the weather.

Either way... heaven was the only one giving Soobin sympathy right now as the car tires rolled round and round down the road.

It was weeping on him, or for him too, as he stared out of the window.

Soobin's mind went completely blank after seeing Taehyun disappear into the sea of travelers. He couldn't remember leaving the airport, getting back in the car, or when the motor started running to bring them back to inner Seoul.

Everything felt just too numb.

He could only feel his heart beating even emptier by the minute.

This was really it.

Taehyun was gone now.

Really gone.

All Soobin could really remember was sitting again in the car. The wheels were turning slowly, but maybe that was just his mind, he thought.

Woohan and Seolhyun were sitting across from him, the male on his phone and the female reading a book, not bothering to ask how their son was feeling.

Why should they anyway? They don't care. If they did, they wouldn't have made me break up with the only person in this world that I love.

But somehow, even though Soobin's mind was cloudy and turning murkier by the second, he still couldn't grasp anything with the events that just happened. He was just so numb.

It felt like he was immune to his emotions, and that he would never be able to feel any other emotion again.

Well, as they say, feelings are just imaginary sometimes.

And suddenly, everything came crashing onto him.

Reality weighed down on him, nearly making Soobin collapse even though he was safely seated and strapped into his carseat.

I will never see Taehyun again. Taehyun will never be in my arms again. We will no longer share anymore kisses or hugs. I won't see him when I come back from school, he won't be there for me when things get tough, he won't see me graduate, nor will I be able to live in that apartment I wanted to buy for us. It's too awful, too much to bear...

"STOP THE CAR!"

Soobin's scream came out of nowhere, scaring everyone in the car. The driver slammed on the brakes and swerved to the side of the street, nearly crashing against the supporting walls on the bridge.

The Choi couple grabbed onto the handles over the windows to brace themselves, as did their two bodyguards.

And meanwhile, Soobin didn't do anything, just letting his head violently bang against first the window pane and then headrest.