Chapter 49

A/N: this chapter takes place the same time as Chapters 45-46 :)
🎶: 'Still With You' lofi cover by Smyang Piano

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

To Beomgyu's dismay, his university classes were going to last past 4 pm and continue towards 5:45 pm. That was exactly around the time Taehyun and Kai were going to arrive.

He was frustrated to say the least that on the one day he could usually rely on to have no random schedule changes coming on short notice, it had to be today out of all places.

He even tried convincing his professors to let him go earlier, but that pretty much backfired on him.

So he had to stay.

When it was around 5:30pm and the latter had a break, Beomgyu checked his phone, right in the middle of eating his sandwich, to see a message from his best friend.

Tae: Hyung we finally landed!

Sometimes it was still crazy for Beomgyu to think he was going to finally see him.

After two and a half years spent only texting and occasionally video calling him when they found the right time due to their horrendous 13 to 14 hour time difference, they were about to reunite.

A small smile formed on his face as he typed a text response back.

Tae

That's good!
Tae, is it possible for you guys to switch your currency and get a taxi instead?
I unfortunately have classes until around 6:30 :/

Oh, of course we can!
I'll ask the driver to head to your apartment; I got your address don't worry

Okay good
See you soon Tae; can't wait :)

Me neither Beom 🥰

What Beomgyu did not expect was that when the bell to his apartment rang at around 7:20 pm, he'd only greet one person.

Upon hearing the sharp buzz resonate across the room, Beomgyu dried his hands with his dish towel as he had to take care of a few leftover dishes before preparing some actual dinner, he opened the door.

And had to glance up first because the person in front of him wasn't on eye level.

"Hi, are you Beomgyu?" the ravenette before him asked with a bright smile.

"Umm yeah. You're... Kai?"

One of the many things Taehyun never risked when calling or texting Beomgyu (which often included not turning his camera on or making sure he really was alone before calling him) was send pictures of himself or anybody he knew, still extremely paranoid of the what ifs.

Those what ifs being called a certain CEO of a company.

Beomgyu understood why, as he too was a bit intimidated by Soobin's father and what he threatened him with, despite Soobin having no more contact with his parents after being disowned by them.

These two years were something for us, weren't they?

In the meantime, completely clueless to his thoughts, Kai's smile only became brighter and wider.

"Yep, that's me!"

"But if you're here..."

Beomgyu peeked behind his back, curiosity in his eyes seeing no one else behind him.