Chapter 50

A/N: this is one of my favorite chapters I have ever written, so I hope you enjoy, it's a bit emotional but the good kind 🥰

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

🎶: 'Drawing our Moments' by Taeyeon

Soobin just sat there in silence, slowly taking in everything that Taehyun had just spilled out to him.

Tyun... his precious Tyun... was bullied?

And that's where the pit of guilt began to fill him.

I wasn't there to protect him.

I couldn't comfort him.

It's my fault that there were purple bruises on Taehyun's back, that there's permanent scars around his ankles, because I wasn't able to defend or protect him when he needed someone, nor could I prevent any of this.

I hate my parents so fucking much for this. Had they accepted us two years ago, he would not have had to go through any of this bullshit.

His thoughts of guilt were stopped by Taehyun's hand on his shoulder, his gentle touch causing him to look up and into his clear doe eyes.

"Soobin hyung... don't feel bad about yourself, you have no fault here."

"Taehyun..."

Soobin placed his larger palm over Taehyun's, squeezing it comfortingly. They both gazed at each other's eyes for a good moment, before Soobin pulled him close, tightly hugging his frailer frame. Taehyun rested his chin on Soobin's shoulder, closing his eyes at the nurturing gesture as he placed his other hand on the older's arm.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry this happened to you. I'm so sorry Hyung wasn't there for you in those hard moments," Soobin said.

"It's okay Hyung... it's not your fault."

Taehyun let go of him, jiggling the chain around his neck with a small smile.

"You were right when you said you'll always be with me with this locket; I often felt your presence from it. And your hoodie was my comfort zone, even if people made fun of me for wearing that piece of clothing every day and nothing else."

Hearing that could've made Soobin's blood boil, but he chose not to in the end.

"I'm glad to know that."

And deep down, he knew he was, because it's what mattered to him the most.

"And besides, I have Kai on my side now too. He helped me get back on my feet, pick up healthier habits and lifestyles, and I'm a lot happier now."

"You deserve someone like Kai. I hope I get to meet him."

"You will. He's at Beomgyu's place, probably annoying him about his height like he does to me."

Suddenly, Taehyun remembered something he wished he didn't. And he knew this could ruin the moment.

"Soobin."

"What?" he immediately replied, worried at the change of tone in the younger's voice.

"I-I shouldn't be here."

"What, why?"

Taehyun sat up on the mattress, eyes wide in panic.

"What about your parents?! T-They're gonna come here soon, r-right?! I-I should get out before history repeats itself!"