Two-faced-🎭

It's been 3, perhaps 4 years since my accident that turned my life into a dangerous game of who's who.

The accident, I remember as if it happened yesterday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a day like any other. Delivering milk in my milk truck.

It was a hot day, as the sun was bright in the sky. But besides that it was Alright, occasionally a DDD worker chasing a doppleganger to exterminate.

But what I didn't know was, it wasn't gonna be an easy day.

After I parked my truck I grabbed the almost empty milk crate, and hop out of my truck in a sort of enthusiastic way. My eyes were tired but showed joy to everyone.

My black shoes tapped against the concrete, and the remaining glass jugs clanked, and tapped against eachother.
As I arrived at the house, and as I placed the jars down I heard whispering.

"Come here" the voice was a sort of whisper, like the wind. If the wind has a voice. I turn my head to the direction I heard the noise.

I stood up, and just stares in the direction of the voice. "Come here", the voice repeated. My eyes found a figure in the corner of the block. By the looks of it, it looked like a DDD worker.

"Huh?" I mutter tiredly, and followed the voice. Possibly the stupidest thing I have every done in my life. But of course I could of been extremely tired to think twice.

I walk to the corner, and the DDD worker grabs me. I realized this wasn't a member or worker. This was a doppleganger, and I got tricked. The Doppleganger tore off it's disguise mask. It's face was ish of a human but with a black substance dripping from its eyes, and mouth, and teeth sharp, probably sharper than any knife, or razor.

It was stronger than me, so my attempts to try to escape were dry. It laughed, "Finally, a feast I can enjoy for a long, LONG..TIME!" I struggle way more ina. Fatil attempt or hope to escape. It grips me roughly, and lunges it's fangs into my neck. The black substance from its mouth mixed with my bleeding wound.

I struggle as I'm bitten, but somehow, someway I get the strength to push it away. It crashes into the back of a building. I fall on my back, holding the wound with my hand. Groaning in pain.

Without another thought I force myself up. The Doppleganger growls in anger as it's food decides to release a final trick to stay alive. "You got quite the guts!" It drools, "That only makes makes me wanna consume you more!" It growls, and starts chasing me.

My first logical reaction starts, and I run. I run like a victim in a horror movie. As I run I drop my milk crate to attempt to put some distance between me, and the Doppleganger.

Eventually I reach my truck, and frantically try to get the key in to start the engine. It starts right as the Doppleganger reaches the the mirror of the truck.

I start driving, but it only crawls into the front of the truck, pounding on the glass. It growls, and laughs. It believed I was gonna give up.

I drove faster, and eventually lost it. As it fell off onto the ground. But even after I lost it I could hear it saying, "IM NOT DONE!!".

My heart is pounding in my chest, "Oh god, oh god, oh GOD!" I manically say as I was almost food for a doppleganger. The bite in my neck started bleeding more.

I attempted to find a tissue, or a newspaper to stop the bleeding. I end up using my bowtie to stop the bleeding. Yes it wasn't practical to use a piece of work uniform to clean a wound, but I think my boss would understand, hopefully.

Eventually I get back to the apartment building, and after a deep thought of how to explain myself that I'm not a doppleganger, but in fact attacked by one to the doorsman, I exit the truck.

When I walk inside some of the people in line turn to look at me. Some seem disgusted, perhaps they thought I was a doppleganger, while others seemed sorry.

I just grab my hat, and hide my face underneath it.

"Next!" The doorman called, I walked up, "mmm..hello" I say, trying to get both my ID, and entry request out with one hand, while the other is holding my bow over the cut.

"What happened to you?" The doorsman asks, it wasn't common for this type of conversation. Dopples sometimes used cuts as a tactic to get in. "I, got attacked by a doppleganger while on the job" I answered.

The doorsman looked over my stuff, and like always called my room to make sure I was who I claimed to be. After no answer on the phone, he let me in. I grabbed my stuff, and walked in.

The door clicked closed as I walked into the elevator, and clicked the button for the 3rd floor. The elevator doors close with a thud, and I just wait for the elevator to open.

The bite starts feeling itchy, and I resist trying to itch it. "Why did this have to happen?" I groan.

Eventually the elevator dings, and I walk out. I try to avoid anyone in the halls. Because everyones on edge of being attacked, and I understand. Since my cut hurts like hell.

Luckily no one is out in the halls, and I quickly get to my room. I quickly get my key into the the door, and walk inside.

I close the door slowly, but I'm reality it was frantic and fast. Possibly enough for Steven, and his father to hear. I hoped they didn't, it wasn't that they were bad people, but. In this moment in time I didn't want them seeing my bite.

I put my shoes away quickly, and walk to the bathroom. Digging through the cupboards under my sink for gauze, medical tape, medical cream, and paroxide.

Once all of those were found, I removed my bowtie from the wound. The blood stopped pouring out of my neck. I gently poured paroxide on it, and just cleaned as well as bandage the wound.

But, when I'm about to put away the stuff back under the cupboard, something black drips from my face onto the sink. "What the?" Another drop lands onto my finger, the substance was like milk but, black.

I looked up into the mirror, and froze. The liquid was dripping out of my eyes, nose, and mouth. "W-What the fuck!?" Im getting scared from what's happening.

I back up, and trip backwards into my tub. I fall with a loud thud. I groan, and get up. More liquid drips from my face onto the shower curtains, staining them. My breathing quickens.

I slowly get up, and look back into the mirror, and jump in fear. My eyes are pitch black, and empty. Only source of eyes are two tiny white dots. My mouth, it's wide, empty, and wide. My teeth, and Tounge gone.

I frantically touch my face, trying to make sure this wasn't just a bad nightmare.

I wanted to speak, I wanted to scream, I wanting to wake up from this horrible dream. But all I could yell, or say was, 'Hoon'.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since that day, I became a changed milkman. During the day I would be the normal Francis Mosses. But, at night I was a different being. A Doppleganger others say, but what the public likes to call me, is the 'Hoon man'.