Disquised Safety

Suggest by: EmoFoxGoBrrrrrrr

(Doppleganger POV)

It was a chilly evening as the sun had just just disappeared, and was then replaced with the glorious moon.

With that I walked throughout the town, wind blowing through my Immatation human hair. It was of course a copy of the towns milkman, even though the obvious difference is my long ass ears. Which while I try to tell everyone I stretched out to 'Hear' even though it is the truth.

As a doppleganger I had terrible hearing with normal 'Human' ears so I had expanded ears to improve my hearing, but it doesn't improve my changes of getting into the apartments.

But still I always tried everyday or I guess night to get in. With a quick look around in the darkness around the road, making sure there were no DDD trucks nearby before I left for the apartments. My shoes tapping against the hard concrete, the immatation fabric for the 'Clothes' I wear rub against my Immatation human skin as I walk.

As I arrive in the apartments, I notice there's no line, "Where is everyone?" I mutter as I look around. When I walk towards the security window there's a massive crack in the glass with a doppleganger sized hole.

My Immatation tired eyes widen a bit as I feel the broken glass pieces that make the hole. As a doppleganger myself I start crawling into the hole into the office of the doorsman, as I land into the office I hear sobbing.

Normally a regular Dopple would have no mercy in a form or sign of vulnerability, normally a dopple would attack an feed on the weak for a proper meal. But oddly I was different, even though normally in a group of other Dopples trying to get into the apartments, but. The sound do crying made me seem saddened by the situation.

I follow the sound, and open the door in the back of the office. In the room is a long hallway with a couple doors, Exit, emergency exit, And Apartment 3321. The doorsmans apartment room. Since the doorsman couldn't fully leave for this job.

I walk towards the door, and gently open a crack to see Inside. There on the ground, in a sort of mental breakdown on the ground. I could hear the visible stress of this job in them crying, on the ground were neighbor files with stains of wetness on them. Probably from them crying.

My face softens as I watch them. Slowly I move the door to open more, the door is very squeaky as it opened. The crying stops, and the doorsman turns there head to look at me. There eyes wide. As they start breathing heavily, I could tell how they were feeling. Scared that a doppleganger was in front of them.

They probably thought that I was here to kill them, and end there stress harshly. But I don't, I walk slowly towards them, "S-Stay back!" The doorsman tries to say but they end up quivering there lip as they moved back against the wall.

I watch them, and stop walking. Gently I go into my knees, and say softly "I'm, not here to kill you" my face shows no other motives. "Y-your not?" The doorsman spoked with tears dripping down their eyes. I nod, and offer a hand to the doorsman.

They seem hesitant, but eventually take my hand. There palms are so sweaty, Possibly a sign of this poor doorsmans stress. "I know your stress, having to watch everyone closely on appearance an information" I say softly, there breathing slowly calms down, "Y-you do?"

I nod, and gently bring them closer to me. "Yes, it's kinda similar to being a doppleganger, always trying to be a perfect copy. But of course one wrong act or move, and DDD's up our ass's" the doorsman allows me to bring them closer to me as I sit them beside them.

"H-how do I know your not gonna kill me?" The doorsman asks, which was a reasonable question. "Well, it's kinda hard to answer that question" the doorsmans ease doesn't fully die down but does partly.

"S-so why are here if your not gonna kill me?" They ask, "I heard you crying" I ask, their eyes soften in my words.

Gently they lean into my arms, and I hold them. They sound like there gonna cry again but they seem like they don't wanna. " It's ok, drain your tears" I say, and they start crying. Some tears drip onto my Immatation fabric kinda becoming wet.

The doorman while still weary of me seem bad that their wetting my clothes with their tears.
"It's alright if your cry on my clothes, it's the last thing I care about in this moment"

They start crying, hugging me tightly as they cry. "I-I..This job, I can't.." they sniffle. "It's Alright, I understand. We all have stress, even dopplegangers"

After a couple sniffles, they wipe the tears from there eyes, and pant with a sigh. As they calm down I look at the place around us, and especially the files and papers surrounding the place.

"What's with all the files, huh?" I look at him, with a final breathe they reply, "I-I swear I let a doppleganger in, and..and I don't know who I let in!" They start panicking that they had let in a being that killed all the neighbors from there stupidity.

"Oh.." I say as I look at them, then I look at him as he Hugs my arm. "Well, by how I walked in. I didn't hear any distress or roars" a good thing for having big ears for good hearing. "R-really?" I nod.

"S-so I didn't let a doppleganger in?" I nod, "Yes, you didn't let any dopplegangers in. Your just putting more stress on your human mind" I reply, the doorsman wipes the final of the tears. Finally calming down.

I hold them, and comfort them as they finish calming down. Gently my hands massage there sweating scalp, the doorsman closes there eyes as they calm down. "I, didn't think a doppleganger could be this gentle" the doorsman says in a sigh of relief from the stress, with a small chuckle I speak, "Well, and Dopples though humans were just annoying creatures. Guess we were both wrong"

They chuckle, and chill in my arms. They were like a child or an animal to my understanding to human life. Gently I feel there fingers fiddle with my huge ears as I hold them. Normally I hate when Dopples or when people speak harshly about my ears, never have I expected someone to fiddle with my huge earlobes.