mail to milk (not a ship)- 🥛 ✉️

( image is my OC for that's not my neighbor)

(Noah's POV)

It was a quite a warm day, especially in February. But nevertheless I had a job to do, because the packages an mail ain't gonna deliver themselves.

So with a skirt in the engine I drive all throughout town. Putting mail Into my mail pouch. Normally in a day I would have to carry 50 pounds.

With a prep I hop out of my truck, and start making my way down the road to deliver. A faint hum escapes my mouth as I walk. Behind me is the sound of an engine, and from that noise I turn my head. "Hey bud!" I say with a happy one, despite being a tired mess deep down.

"Mm, Hey" my brother says tiredly, and with a small wave as he parks his milk truck my the curb like normal.

I wait a bit, and he hops out with a milk crate filled with glass milk jars that clank next to each other, he walks alongside me as we deliver.

Oddly enough we have the same route of people to deliver to, but most days I rarely ever get to talk with him cause he wakes up to early to start work. But of course everyone can't wait to long for milk then they can mail.

"How's life as a milkman?" I chuckle, "It, could definitely be better. Especially without Dopplegangers mocking you" he replies with a yawn.

"Fair, oddly though I haven't heard or seen anyone claim of a mailman Doppler yet". "Lucky" he yawns, and smiles softly. As we walk out shoes tap against the concrete as well as Francis's milk jugs clanking.

As we walk we reach our first delivery spot. I let Francis walk up first, because unlike mail or paper, glass could break if he drops it. With a soft clank he places the jugs on the ground, and walks off. "See ya!" I wave him good bye. "See ya" he replies, waving back.

I watch as he walks off before looking into my pouch, and grabbing the mail for the address, and sticking the letters into the mail slot of the door, and places the package on the doorstep by the milk.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Francis's POV)

As I gave a small wave I walk off, but I do smile softly. It was nice Finally seeing my brother after so long.

I don't even remember the last time I saw him. Maybe 4,5 years ago? I didn't know but I was glad to see him.

I'm lost in thought as I walk to the next house. I grab a couple jugs, and place them onto the ground. Right as I do a man opens the doors and grabs the jugs, I just tip my hat as well as softly smile, and move on to the next house.

After a couple hours I got 2 jugs left, they CLINK, and CLANK against eachother as I walk. I hear footsteps behind me, and I turn to look. It looked like Dr. W. Except he had no eyes, nose, or mouth. Only holes.

Like the holes of a beehive sort of. I freeze, and just watch it. It was a dopple of course, a kinda gross looking one. But slowly I walked backwards, and it slowly walked closer to me.

I moved a bit faster, and so did the Dopple. Like it was mimicking my speed in movements. But soon it started full on sprinting, and I could get away fast enough. It pushed the crate out of my hands, and pushed me.

The milk jugs break into a million pieces, and milk pours all over the street. I fall down into the glass, it cuts my face. Blood drips down the cuts on my cheeks, chin, and under my eyes.

The Dopple only watched me. Slowly getting closer to me, it's hands grow into claws. It was gonna attempt to kill me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Noah's POV)

I was done with my deliveries so I was driving out of the neighborhood to get to the apartments. But as I drove I saw a dopple on top of my brother, and so I beeped as loud as I could to scare it off. Thankfully the beeper on the truck I drove sounded exactly like the beeper to a DDD truck.

The Dopple thankfully leaves with a fast Sprint into the woods.

I park my truck, and hop out walking towards my brother Quickly. The keys on my belt dangle as I speed walk.

"You ok man!?" I ask frantically as I get to him, and sit on my knees helping his help up. "Y-yeah I'm ok" he pants as blood drips down his face. Milk dripped into the sewer, and onto the road.

"Can you get up?" I ask, "Y-yeah. Yeah I can" he groans as he gets up.

I help him up, "You got quite the cuts man" I say concerned for my brothers Injures.

"Yeah, atleast I'm alive", I nod I'm agreement.

"How about we just get home?", I ask "But, don't you live in another apartment?", I just chuckle "Well I was".

He looks at me Confused, "Did you move?". "Kinda, I thought since I basically work in the same neighborhood you do, I would just move in with you"

A small smile grows on his face. It had been forever since we ever lived together. He had to move out of our old house because of his job.