peaches with the Peachmans- 🍑

(Robertskys POV)

It was definitely a sweaty day, especially if you were a shoemaker. Like me, and my brother Albertsky.

So I was definitely glad when I was able to finally get home so I could rest up for another day of making shoes.

But of course I gotta get through the doormans, which while necessary to make sure I wasn't a threat. It at times was very annoying on how long it took them to check my information for validation.

But after the whole long validation of the doorsman, I walk inside. The door closes after me, but as I walk I hear something, "Peach", I was confused on what I was hearing. But the noise became louder as whatever made it, or whoever was getting closer to me.

I turn my head, and see Him. "Peaches?" I mutter. It was a doppleganger of me with cross eyes, and a wide mouth. But saying his name seemed to make his eyes glow in excitement, as it runs up to me.

Giving me a big ol hug. " Peach, pe-pe Peach!" He says excited as he keeps hugging me. I only chuckle, "Hey their buddy" I pat his back. He was an odd doppleganger, but not because of its lack of speech. But, because it wasn't ever hostile like the others.

Always wanting to have fun, and well eat peaches. Seemingly never getting old of peaches, or ever becoming hostile. It was always polite when he didn't have peaches, or someone playfully took a peach away from him.

But the most fun thing was the pure joy it had when eating a peach, like it was it's first time eating a peach each time

But the joy it had at the moment hugging me was adorable. With another chuckle, and a hand over its shoulder I walk into the elevator with it.

Excitedly, peaches presses the button for the 1st floor button. It was fun having both me, and my brother as well as peaches hang out together. It was definitely an experience when other neighbors come over, and see Peaches.

They do seem scared, and peaches understands so he waits. Eventually they trust him, but a reaction that could never leave my mind from how damn funny it was, was when Francis came over for a quick chat before work.

He was gonna ask if after work he could hang out with us, and a couple others. But instead of me or Albertsky answering, it was Peaches. Before Francis could even let out a single word, he screamed like a girl.

It was so loud we all swore it was gonna wake up everyone on the floor. But before that happened. Me, and my brother had to quiet him down I bit, and explain the situation. Embarrassed for his reaction, he apologized badly for screaming.

Even if peaches could only say peach, it was clear he forgave Francis for screaming.

The memory made me chuckle a bit as the elevator moved to the 1st floor. Peaches waited for me to exit before following me out. As I walked I made sure no neighbors that were unaware of peaches presence were out. Because explaining why I have a dopple following me, and not calling the DDD is kinda hard to explain.

Lucky though, no one was out. So it was a smooth walk to our apartment. Our footsteps almost in sync, but that was Alright. Peaches only followed me like a cute stray dog.

Eventually we reach the door, and I pull out my keys to unlock. "Peach, peach" he Mutters as I unlock the door.

As I walk in, my phone rings. Possibly either a neighbor or the doorsman wanting to confirm I was in the room. "Can you close the door?, while I answer the phone?" I ask peaches as I walk to the phone. He nods, and closes the door.

"Hello, Robertsky speaking. My brother is not at home, has he returned?", with that the phone hangs up, probably to confirm either a dopple of me, my brother, or to confirm my true brother was at the window.

But while I wait for my brother to return home, I hear rustling in the kitchen. When I turn to look, peaches had opened the fridge, and proceeded to eat a peach.

Eating it with so much joy, like a child on Christmas.