Peaches X Reader- 🍑❤️

Suggested by: Caitlyn671574 :)

(Y/N's POV)

It was yet again another cold, and wet day in the town. But that wasn't new, neither was having Dopplegangers roam around.

Disquised as friends, co-workers, or even family was definitely a creepy thought to behold. Possibly get killed by a doppleganger disquised as a close one was definitely a no go for me. Especially not of one of my pal Robertsky, and his brother Albertsky.

Them, as well as me were shoemaker's. Always sweating, and working as we make shoes for stores to buy, and sell for others fashion.

While it was a rough, and often exhausting. The Peachmans made the job a bit easier, especially with their company.

So on the way home from my job, scarf wrapped around my neck. In attempt to keep me warm, I walk home. My breath blows out like smoke as the air turns cold, and rain drips from the sky.

The sun gets covered my clouds, big and grey. Rain drips down more, like sprinkle.

But as I walk my shoes slip on something, "AHH!" I slip, and fall over. Something, or someone catches me before I fall. Without looking at the person who helped me not fall, I look down at what I slipped on.

"What the?" It was a peach, it was now crushed from my shoes. Which caused me to slip, along with the cold rain water.

"Peach!" a kinda enthusiastic voice says behind me, with a confused look I turn my head to look at the person.

My eyes widen, it was a dopple. A clear doppleganger of Robertsky. With crossed eyes, and a wide smile. It's grip around me wasn't rough like what Dopple survivers told me it felt.

It felt, comforting. As if this was actually a person, and not a doppleganger.

"Peach?" It tilts it's head, looking at me. My whole body was frozen at the sight of this Doppleganger. Rain poured over us as he continued to hold me in his arms. I wasn't sure if I should run or thank him.

"Peach?" It repeated, but for some reason it sounded as if it said, 'Are you ok?' I only nodded Slightly before finally getting hold of my body, and leaving its grip. Weirdly it didn't resist this, not forcing me back just letting me move away.

"Your not a normal Dopple are you?" I question it, it tilts his head the other way. "Peach, pe-pp-peach" it wasn't exactly a clear answer but, it was a clear sign it was semi mute or something.

With a sigh I calm down, rain water pours down my face. He gently uses his finger to wipe my dripping wet hair out of my eyes. His mock on human skin was most definitely a good replica as it was soft, and felt like human skin.

My eyes just look at him as he watches me, water drips down his clothes, and hair. Seemingly I bothered by the cold, unlike me who hated the cold.

"Peach?" he looks at me as if saying, 'Are you cold?'. I nod, it takes off its damp yellow jacket. A copy of Robertskys jacket, and put it over my freezing body, and jacket.

Yes I was now wearing two jackets, and a scarf but oddly the jacket the Dopple put over me was warm, like really warm.

It continued staring at me, wearing a white T-shirt. Unbothered by the rain or how cold it was. "Uh-uhm..thank you" I say. It nods Happily that it helped.

My mouth grew a soft smile as the look at his smile, he was like a child. A child of pure innocence, no signs of being a Dopple while clearly being one.

Slowly he gently put an arm around my shoulder, and started walking. I followed, even if this was some sort of trap I would be tricked by his innocence look. But still I followed, he turned corners. Avoiding roaming DDD trucks with their signature yellow color, and drawings of Dopples with X eyes.

A couple lefts, and a couple rights we arrive at the apartment building I live in. I realize this wasn't a trap, and he wasn't tricking me. He was actually a good Dopple.

He walked me inside, and gently took his jacket off of me, as their was a heater inside of the building. I smile at him as he puts his jacket back on.

The line for the security window wasn't exactly long, but definitely not short.

I realize that if this Dopple was by the window, would he be killed by the DDD?

"Wait, you would be killed if the doorsman sees you with, you know..your imperfections to Robertsky" I tell it, it gently tilts it's body to look at the window.

Surprisingly the new doorsman was out sick, and Henry was the temporary doorsman till the new doorsman return.

"Peach" he looks back at me, my heart stops pumping harshly from the luck today.

Eventually it's our turns to show our ID's, and Entry requests. I prayed that Henry was still as bad as before, onto because I didn't want this Dopple killed.

Thankfully the boy saw nothing wrong with either of us, and we were both let in.

"Phew" I rub my sweaty brow as we hear the door lock with a click. "That was, close" I say to him as we walk. But soon I freeze as a thought came to mind.

"Hey, I um..never asked for your name" I say as it freezes too. His big smile grew to a frown as he spoke "Peach, pe-pe Peach" his voice was definitely saddening to hear. It was almost like he was saying, 'I, have no name'. "Oh" I said, my smile turning to a frown quick.

"Well than, I guess I'm gonna have to change that aren't I?" I look at him, his frow grows to a quick smile at the thought of a name.

"Peach, Peach!" He says excitedly at the idea. As a joke I said, "How about, Peaches?" I laugh at the idea. But his smile grew wider, and his eyes lit up. He liked the Idea of calling him peaches.

"Well than, peaches it is" I chuckle. Excitedly he jumped with joy, and Gave me a big hug. His crossed eyes closed, as well as his mouth. His two buckish teeth poke out of his mouth, it was a cute sight as I hug him back.

Gently I gave him a small kiss on his nose, and he blushed like crazy.