The Sofa-bed // Part One

Violet rolled her eyes, Adam and Jonny had been tasked with picking her up for friday night dinner and they had been arguing the whole time she'd been in the car.

Since being back from uni her mum had announced that Friday nights were now 'Val and Larry's date nights!' and as soon as auntie Jackie had found out, Violet was invited to every friday night dinner so she wouldn't be at home alone.

"For someone who doesn't stop going on about Formula One, you're surprisingly shit at driving." Adam commented as he got out the car.

"Ha-ha!" Jonny replied sarcastically, slamming his car door.

"Seriously, like no control of the vehicle." Violet interjected, readjusting her skirt as she got out.

"No control of the vehicle?" Jonny asked back seemingly offended, as he locked the car door.

"Why does it keep doing that?" Violet put her hands over her ears as the car alarm started blaring, Jonny pressing random buttons on his keys in hopes to make it stop.

"No control of the vehicle." came Adam's smug reply, lifting his hands up in an 'I told you so' manner.

"Well, you can drive next time!" Jonny responded as they walked to the front door.

"Fine, and you can learn from the master." Adam did a dorky bow as he said this, Violet immediately using it as an excuse to try shove him over.

"Yeah, Master knob face." she giggled, resulting in a laugh from Jonny.

"Why's the door open?" Adam asked as he straightened up again, entering the house. "Um..."

Violet and Jonny walked in after Adam, peering over his shoulders at a dog just sat in the middle of the hallway.

"Ooh, hello!"

Violet rolled her eyes, of course Jim was here, she swore he was more in love with Jackie than Martin was.

"Er, hi, Jim." Adam turned to look at Violet and Jonny, immediately mouthing 'what the fuck?'

"Jonny." Jim responded tilting his though he wasn't quite sure of his answer.

"I'm Adam." Adam corrected him.

"I'm Jonny." Jonny added.

"Oh, yes..." Jim immediately flinched away from the front door at the sight of Violet, "Who are you?"

"It's Violet, Jim, we've met"

"Have we... Where have you been? I haven't seen you at a... Friday night dinner for a while..." Jim questioned, still keeping his distance.

"I've been at uni." Violet shuffled on her feet slightly, choosing to stay behind Adam and keep the door open in the hopes Jim would soon leave.

"Ah yes... University..." Jim added, nodding idly before turning to look at his dog and immediately flinching away from him.

"What are you?..." Adam trailed off, too confused to even finish his sentence.

"Hmm?" Jim stopped looking at his dog and looked back at Jonny, Adam and Violet, all who looked extremely confused as to why he was in the house still.

"Nothing." Violet interjected, putting a hand on Adam to indicate him not to engage with Jim much more.

"Good boy, good boy, Wilson." Jim grunted as he made multiple attempts to pick up Wilson's lead, the three watching, unsure of what to do.

"Bye, Bye, Bye." Jim spoke softly, as he was dragged out the house by Wilson, looking at a different person with each bye.

"Bye."