The Two Tonys

Violet was having to skip out on yet another Friday night dinner thanks to her mum.

"I just can't believe Larry cancelled our date night." Val cried into her daughters arms.

"Well y'know how on and off he's been since the whole... Jeremy Phillips." Violet responded awkwardly, rubbing her mum's arm in an attempt to console her.

"Ugh I know. I'm such a terrible wife." Val wailed.

"It's okay mum, maybe we can do something to take our minds off it?"

"Well.. I do need to get my watch back from Jackie." Val sniffed.

"There you go! We'll do that! Go get yourself showered and ready." Val smiled sympathetically, her mum nodding as she left the girls room.

Violet sighed, flopping down on her bed. As much as she wanted to be there for her mum, that crying had lasted an hour. Non-stop tears.

She was praying now Jonny had gotten a job at another real estate agency he could help her find a new place, but she hadn't had a chance to speak to him yet, not wanting to put pressure on him in his new position.

'Probably gonna be over tonight at some point, mum won't stop crying so we're gonna get her watch as a 'distraction'.'

Violet messaged Jonny, hoping the boy would respond quickly.

'Thank fuck, dad invited someone he used to go to uni with round and it's the wrong bloody person.'

Jonny responded, making Violet chuckle slightly at Martin's incompetence.

'How is that even possible??? Will be there in an hour I think. xx'

Violet chucked her phone away from her, heading to her wardrobe to pick out a new outfit, she was sure her mum would complain if she stayed in her comfy clothes.

After getting changed into a cute dress and cardigan, Violet made her way to her mum's room, happy that the woman was nearly ready.

After fifteen more minutes of Val fussing over her appearance, the two were finally ready to leave, Violet insisting on driving incase her mum started crying again.

-

The two women walked up to the door, ringing the bell as Violet mentally begged someone to answer the door before Val had another breakdown - she'd come close in the car but Violet had managed to avoid it by talking about Jonny.

"Hello."

Violet frowned at the man stood in front of her. He had slightly gingerish hair with a receding hairline and was looking at the two women, blinking slowly.

"Um.. Hi." Violet said nervously, trying to look into the house behind the man.

Adam and Jonny appeared behind him as the man continued speaking.

"I'm afraid it's not the best time, there's been some upsetting news."

"What?" Val gasped, making her way into the house, Violet following behind, shooting Adam and Jonny confused looks.

"I'm afraid Jackie's mother passed away."

"Oh my god!" Tears welled in Val's eyes as she looked at the two boys.

"I'm gonna go get mum." Adam announced rushing upstairs.

Violet took a shuddering breath as she moved over to Jonny, trying to not cry herself, she grasped his hand tightly.

"Are you okay?" She muttered, looking up at the boy concerned as to why he didn't look too upset.

She knew he tend to hide his emotions but she felt something like this would really get to him, especially with how panicked he'd been at the wedding before he'd found out Nellie's heart attack was fake.