The Dinner with Mr Morris // Part One

"Hurry up V!" Jonny groaned through his bedroom door. The girl had been staying with him for a little over a month now and he wasn't complaining.

He'd been there for her at her Grandma's funeral and looked after her as she drunk far too much at the wake.

They'd gotten over the Tanya Green situation relatively easily, having a conversation about it a little while after the funeral.

Violet had confessed that although she had even jealous, all she needed was his friendship right now, no romantic undertones.

In turn, he has been honest about how he felt about Adam, however ultimately agreed with remaining just friends.

Val understood that Violet would rather be at Jonny's, despite having been so angry at him not so long ago, their household was full of grief at the minute and Violet would repair far slower if she stayed there.

"Your mum said to look nice!" Violet huffed, opening the bedroom door.

Jonny's jaw dropped as he looked at Violet, unable to take his eyes off her.

She wasn't wearing her usual skirt and sweater, instead wearing a short black body con dress with tights, the sleeves resting loosely on her arms.

"Stop staring Pissface," She rolled her eyes, trying to keep her excitement down.

"Shut up Pest." Jonny flopped onto the bed in annoyance, resting his hands on his face as he tried to keep his eyes off her.

"Come on Goodman." Violet dragged him up, declaring that we was finally ready as they headed to his car.

After finding out the state she'd driven in, Jonny had banned her from driving, now only allowing her only to use her car to get to work and back.

He unlocked his car, flinching away as the alarm started blaring as soon as he opened the door.

Violet covered her ears as he frantically pressed buttons, sighing in relief when the car finally shut up.

"Get your bloody car fixed." Violet groaned, getting in.

-

Jonny and Violet had arrived before Adam, Jackie making sure she was okay as Martin continued faffing around with his re-found fossil collection.

Violet hadn't been round for dinner since the disastrous night with Tanya, therefore Jackie was thrilled she was there, smothering her with kisses every chance she could.

"All right, Pusface!" She heard Jonny call out as he left the kitchen, being sent away by Jackie with a jug for the table.

"Pissface." She heard Adam respond before he raised his voice. "Hi Mum."

"Hi." She called back through, not bothering to go and say hello, insisting on staying in the kitchen with Violet.

Violet could tell Jackie missed her, she was currently sat on the side, spraying whipped cream into her mouth with not one scold from Jackie.

The last time she'd seen her was when she was at the wake, Jackie being tasked with looking after a drunk Val and Jonny a drunk Violet.

She couldn't remember where Adam and Martin had been at that time, probably hiding away from the two emotional women.

"How do I know who Grandma's coming with?" Adam asked Jonny as the two walked into the kitchen.

"Hi, Mum."

"Hi, Bobble."

"Oh hi Pest!" Adam finally took notice of the girl on the side, "How you doing?"

"Slowly better." She gave a sad smile before returning back to her whipped cream, giggling slightly at Jonny as he stole some, giving her a big cream filled smile.