The Carpet Cleaner // Part One

Jonny and Violet laid cuddled up on their (now shared) bed, relishing in the fact they were living together.

Violet had bit the bullet last week and told her mum, Jonny and his family helping her move in, Jackie consoling her mother throughout the process.

Groaning, Violet rolled away from Jonny to check her phone as it buzzed, suppressing a sigh as she realised it was her mum. Again.

"You alright?" Jonny asked, leaning over to cuddle the girl once more.

"Yeah it's just my mum, her and Larry are worse than ever." Violet responded.

Since finding out about Val's affair, her's and Larry's relationship had been a mess, the man walking out on her at least once a week before coming back with some grand gesture.

Last week it had been a weekend away in New York, however, it had been over before it even started, Larry leaving Val stranded at the airport before they'd even walked in.

Val had to get a taxi home due to Violet being out with the Goodman's, something that made her meltdown the next day, about Violet moving out, ten times worse.

"Ignore her. They're both nutters." Jonny responded, his voice becoming muffled as he nestled his head into the crook of Violet's neck.

"But Larry's walked out on her. Again." Violet frowned.

"So she should know he's just gonna keep doing it and then come back with some grand gesture." Jonny shrugged, sitting up to be able to look at Violet, the girl rolling onto her back so she could face him.

"But.." She protested.

"She's gonna learn by herself eventually." Jonny cut her off, the girl nodding in defeat.

The boy went to lay back down with her but she stopped him, checking the time on her phone.

"We gotta start getting ready, we're gonna be late otherwise." Violet told him, receiving a groan in response as Jonny flopped down next to her.

"I'm gonna go have a shower." Violet giggled as she escaped Jonny's grasp, getting out the bed.

"Don't leave." Jonny whined.

"If you get up you can join me." Violet called through the bedroom as she made her way to the bathroom, chuckling as she heard Jonny scramble out the bed to follow her.

-

Violet was sat in the back of adam's car, leaning forward, resting her head on Jonny's seat.

"So you go to this restaurant, just because you fancy the waitress there?" Violet recapped, and sighing in response.

"Yes!" He exclaimed as he pulled into his parent's drive, immediately getting out the car as soon as he'd parked to try and escape the couple's scrutiny.

"Such a div!" Jonny chuckled.

"Shut up!" Adam snapped.

"Well, if you like the girl so much, why don't you talk to her?" Jonny suggested.

"I can't just talk to her, can I? And say what?"

"'Please play with my penis'?" Jonny teased.

"That's how Jonny got me." Violet joked, shooting her boyfriend a grin.

"Thanks for the advice." Adam rolled his eyes.

"Just tell her the truth, you idiot!" Jonny continued, ringing the doorbell.

"What? 'Hello. I only come to your restaurant so that I can stare at you'?"

"Yeah! Waitresses love that." Violet commented sarcastically.