The Anniversary // Part One

"God my Mum won't leave me alone." Violet groaned, rolling her eyes as she got yet another message from Val.

"What about?" Jonny asked, laying on his bed whilst he waited for Violet to get ready.

"How I basically haven't been home for the last month." Violet sighed.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you move out." Jonny said quietly.

"Don't apologise!" Violet exclaimed, going over to him, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah but if I hadn't of lost..." Jonny trailed off, tears forming in his eyes, "I just let you down."

"You haven't! Okay? You could never let me down Jonny. And you'll find a new job, whenever you're ready to."

Jonny mumbled a small thanks in reply, giving Violet's hand a squeeze as he got up.

"You ready to go?" Violet asked, giving him a quick kiss.

"Yeah." He nodded, messaging Adam to come and get the two for Friday night dinner.

Since Jonny didn't have to rush home from work to make it to his parent's house on time, he was wearing more casual clothes, a simple t-shirt with some jeans, alongside a big green crewneck jumper that Violet vowed she would steal at some point.

Since Jonny had dressed down compared to his usual suit, Violet matched him, feeling as though her skirt and sweater combo could look relatively dressed up compared to Jonny - especially since Adam never bothered to wear nice clothes to dinner, much like Martin.

She was wearing some blue flared jeans, paired with a form fitting black top that Jonny never stopped complimenting.

The two relaxed in the living room as they waited for Adam to arrive, their body's entwined as they watched some random nature documentary that had come on.

"Adam's here." Jonny said, checking his phone, "Ready to see my parents act weirdly couple-y?"

"It's their anniversary!" Violet giggled.

"It's weird." Jonny shuddered dramatically as Violet grabbed the flowers her and Jonny had bought his parents, before heading down to meet Adam.

-

"Um, Pissface. Pest." Adam grinned, pointing the hose at the two as Jonny opened the door, making them flinch away.

"Babies." He scoffed as he put the hose back, chuckling to himself at their reactions.

"Bye!" Jonny grinned as him and Violet jumped into the house.

"Jonny!" Adam exclaimed, getting to the front door just as Jonny was shutting it, shoving his way through.

"Such a cockhole." Jonny rolled his eyes.

"Well, you would know." Adam responded, lightly hitting Jonny on the arm, making the taller boy wince in pain.

Violet narrowed her eyes at him as Adam asked what the matter was, she knew what was causing Jonny that much pain and she wasn't happy about it.

"Nothing." Jonny shrugged, giving Adam a warning glare as he went to punch him again.

"What?" Adam muttered, frowning at how Jonny had flinched away, clutching his arm, giving Violet a confused look.

"Hello?!" She called through the house, moving away from Adams look.

"Happy anniversary!" Jonny called through, peering into the dining room as Adam checked the kitchen, Violet looking into the living room to see if there was any sign of Jackie and Martin.