Chapter 5

*Satvi Pov*

I don't know for how long I sat like that and felt tears rolling down my cheeks. After a few minutes, I composed myself brushing my tears away and mumbled "I am so sorry."

"I... really don't know that someone died in that accident." I added looking up to stare at him, but he is staring back with coldness.

"The marriage will be in three days in a registered office." He said checking the time of his watch.

"What? I don't want to marry you." I mumbled frowning still not able to believe that someone died.

"Because of you she died..." I cut him off and asked, "How do you know?"

"How do you know that it happened because of me?" I asked again.

"Didn't you tell the doctor that you were picking up your phone when the accident happened?" He asked back making me close my eyes immediately.

"I don't know what to say, but my decision will not change." I said shaking my head.

"Then my decision on the house and business will get strong." He said shrugging.

"Why are you so eager to marry me? Are you mad?" I asked him in anger when he started his blackmail again.

"Why would I be mad?" he asked still in a composed manner.

"You believe that your wife was dead because of me then how can you marry me? And to top off that I can see you hate me. So why are you hell bend for this marriage?" I asked him directly.

"Well, I have to get married and have an heir for all the properties. I don't want to marry someone and ruin their life. And I want to ruin your life. So by this marriage, my two goals can be achieved." He replied shrugging.

"You are a horrible man." I said with complete disgust I am feeling towards him.

Hearing those words, he didn't say anything but just sat there staring at me without blinking for even a second. I just wish he is thinking of not doing this charade anymore.

"It's good that you already think like that about me and don't worry, I will keep up to my title." He said making me feel defeated in convincing him.

"If you want, you can take revenge on me by other means, but marriage is not just a silly matter. I am really sorry about your wife, but I can't marry someone whom I don't know and who hates me like this." I said in a calm tone hoping he will understand.

"I am getting late for my meeting. I will take my leave, but don't worry. You have three days to get your mindset regarding this matter. We are getting married, and nothing will stop it." He said getting up and left the house.

"Why is it happening to me Dad? I never thought that someone would die because of me, but this mad man is taking everything to another level." I said closing my eyes.

"I know it is a tough decision, but think more before taking it." He said sitting in front of me.

"Why did the police didn't arrest me? If he wants, he can throw me behind bars with just even a small suspicion." I asked him opening my eyes.

"He is the one who made the police close the case." Dad replied looking down.

"He is such a weird man." I mumbled.

I looked around the house and saw that we can't lose this house no matter what happens, and the business is also important for all of us as I can see Karthik and Leela is depending on it.