Chapter 18

*Satvi Pov*

I woke up earlier than everyday as I haven't even gotten the complete sleep and turned to see the empty space beside me.

I frowned and walked outside the room after freshening up and saw him sitting at the dining table holding his phone to his ear with a serious expression.

"What do you mean you didn't think, Shankar?" He asked I mean barking.

"Didn't you get another photo other than that girls? Now everyone is thinking my wife as some drug user." He said rubbing his forehead.

"If not now, then will be in the future when the information which Satvi got falls outside to someone else." He added.

Does that suppose to mean the girl in the photo is not his wife? Even the constable is not sure about the name of the girl in the photo.

Did he make the officer, Mr.Shanker changed the details like this? But why? I thought, frowning and rubbed my forehead.

"I will not spare anyone who will get a wrong name for my Swetha!" He said in a threatening tone.

"I asked you to hide the fact of the accident by sketching something and not put her character in terrible shape. Correct it soon and looks like her name even got my surname for Satvi to know about the file. Remove that surname too before it can create any future problems." He said before slamming the phone on the table.

"Is the photo of the girl in the file is not your first wife?" I asked walking towards the table.

"No! But tell me how did you got outside the house?" he asked back and I gulped.

"I checked each room and saw that all rooms have locks on them, then how did you escape?" he asked looking up directly at me.

"I... I called." I replied, looking at his phone.

"Where did you get your phone from?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"Leela gave me!" I replied and immediately asked for forgiveness in my mind.

"Whom did you call?" he asked still staring at me.

"I have old connections which I remember." I replied fidgeting with my hands.

"How did you see the photo then?" he asked and I stopped before slapping myself.

"When did I say, that I saw the photo?" I asked him back remembering my words to him.

For a few minutes, he just frowned while I held my breath, hoping he will accept the words, and he did nodding his head and then held his head in his hands.

"So why did you do it? Why didn't you put the real photo or don't want anyone to know about her death that happened one year ago?" I asked him frowning.

"Because no one knows about her death, and no one should. Only few people know about that, and I don't want the information falling in the hands of the media." He replied still looking down.

"What is the reason behind the hiding?" I asked, sitting beside his chair.

"Business related!" he replied.

"What?" I asked him shocked.

"What?" he asked me back in confusion lifting his head.

"Just for some stupid business, you are hiding your wife's death? That is the worst kind of thing anyone ever did." I replied shaking my head.

"No one asked your opinion. I just need some few month's time to solve this problem, and then I will tell it to everyone." He said sighing.

"No one saw your wife right?" I suddenly asked him, and he looked surprised.

"How do you know that?" he asked frowning.

"Just a guess! And even a big guess is that you don't want some revenge or something from me. All you want is to have someone in her place until this problem is solved. I just became a fool in this plan." I said, thinking about all the possibilities and got this as the most nearly to the perfect one.

"You have a clever brain there. Do you think it is all cured now?" he asked, gesturing at the scarf with which I have been covering my head.

"So does that mean I can go away after your problem is solved?" I asked him ignoring his words.

"Now hear my words carefully. Yes! I married you so that no one can have any doubt, but just think why would I wait for one year to marry someone else?" he asked, and I mumbled 'Shut!' under my breath.

"I know that I can't love anyone other than my Swetha. And I really need an heir. If you think that I am not serious in my words just because I am not touching you, then you are wrong. I don't want my Son or daughter to get a mother who doesn't love them completely. So I am waiting for the problem to be solved and by then you will even reduce your anger, and then we will start our married life." He explained so simply like he was explaining a lesson and not my life here.

"You can't do this because my anger will never reduce, and my hate will increase for every day." I said glaring at him.

"Really?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Yes!" I replied fisting my hands tightly not in his vision.

"I am really sorry about lifting my hand. It is not a right thing to do." He suddenly said with sincerity, and I stared at him with a dropped jaw and wide eyes.

"And I forgive you for saying the wrong things about my wife because it is not your mistake." He added, and my elbow slipped from the table in shock.

"I don't care with whom you will talk but all I want is you not to step out of the house and not let anyone see you." He continued getting up from the chair and started dialing a number.

"Ask your wife not to give Satvi anything without my knowledge." He said and then cut the call without hearing the response.

"Now, I will go and get ready while you can prepare some breakfast for me." He said before walking towards the stairs and stopped near the first step.

"Are you sure now?" he asked without turning around and then started climbing them.

"Y...yeah!" I replied before gulping myself coming out of my shock.

What the hell! I thought before getting up and started preparing breakfast like he asked.

*Shankar Pov*

"I am sorry... Sir. I am sorry for doing this." The constable said, shivering in his place.

"Just remove the photo from that file and bring some other photo. Your punishment is to do everything I ask you to do without asking questions and without saying that to anyone." I said shaking my head.

I checked the file again and frowned before asking, "Did she check the file clearly?"

"No, sir! She saw a few details here and there and walked away." He replied, and I nodded.

However, how did he allow her to come outside the house? I wish to ask him, but I know he will start another lecture for me, and it is better if I didn't bring this incident again.

If I say that the constable is the one that helped Satvi, then there will be another tornado. He must have got those details from her itself by now, and I do not need to bring them again.

I wish the problem will get solved soon! I thought getting up from the seat and put the file away without any photo as I need to check the background before I spoil Swetha's name again. My dear friend you owe me too much, but I know I owe you more than that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Shankar is one of the important role for the story so here is his POV... few guys are getting it right but try to think abut the story that is going on at present because each word and incident is imp to understand the story completely in future....

How is the chap guys??

comment plz and vote....