Chapter 39

*Satvi Pov*

"What are you thinking so much about?" I asked him teasingly while he just shook his head continuing to read the paper.

"Someone of us must be cautious, right? Why did you go to the office, yesterday?" he asked angrily.

"I... Went to see, Leela. I just wanted to know about her health as she needs to take care of herself." I replied frowning.

"So? Do you want to die again?" He asked not reducing his voice at all.

"You are talking like I want all this to happen to me. She is six months pregnant, and I fear for her as that stupid murderer can attack anyone I know." I replied stepping back with fisted hands.

"And I went with all the security like you want me to. If you think all these things happening to us are because of me, then just let me know." I added staring at him.

"What will you do if I say that?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"I may just help the stalker with the work." I replied, shrugging and started walking towards our room.

"Look, I am just tired of all this. We didn't get the truck driver and there is still the threat." He said, and I stopped in my tracks.

"I really love you, Rohan. But if you don't stop blaming me for that accident, then it will be harder for me because I am already doing the blaming thing on myself." I said walking away.

After that he didn't talk to me, but just went to his work. But after some time, I heard the doorbell making me frown.

I brushed my tears away and covered my face before walking towards the door. I glanced through the window and saw that it is his mother.

I immediately rushed into our room and called him from the mobile he gave me. I waited for few rings and sighed in relief when he lifted it up.

"What is it, Satvi?" He asked in a distant tone.

Satvi? I shook my head and replied "Your mother is here. Shall I open the door?"

"Yeah! You can handle her, right? So why did you call me?" He asked making me want to cry again.

"Ok!" I mumbled hanging up.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, but with my whole face covering as I decided to keep his plan even for his family even though he didn't say specifically.

"He is not here!" I said, looking at her.

"Are you cleaning the house?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Yes!" I replied, folding my arms.

"Well, maybe you should join in cleaning company." She said, shaking her head and walked inside the house, pushing me away making me look at her in shock.

"What do you want?" I asked her sitting on the other chair opposite to her.

"Swetha! I know I went over the top the last time, but he shouldn't doubt us right. So I did that, but why did you act different." She asked making me want to clear my ears to get her words right.

"Excuse me?" I asked her frowning.

"Is he still beating you up? His father was also like that, but what can we woman do right. But don't worry, I will get you out of all this like you asked me to." She replied, smiling and I decided that she had gotten mad.

When I continued to stare at her, she got up and started moving toward the door, but stopped a little and turned around smiling a little.

"I am trying for the police complaint, but his friend Shankar is very influential. I hope his friend is behaving ok with you now though." That's all she said, and just walked outside like she came in.