Chapter 40

*Satvi Pov*

"No!" he shouted before I could say my decision to him making me roll my eyes a little.

"Listen!" I mumbled dragging him towards the couch, but he just kept on shaking his head holding the paper tightly in his hands.

"This will be the chance we are waiting for." I said staring at his face.

"Like I said, it is absolutely a no." he said staring back.

"Then what do you wish to do? Live in fear for the rest of our lives?" I asked him frowning.

"I don't have any problem with that option actually. You are not going to go and meet this person." He replied and I really want to strangle him.

"Well, I can't stay here forever in a locked place. I want to go out on my own and do something with my life. And who knows even my family must be in danger too." I said feeling frustrated.

"Get used to this place, and I will bring them here as well if you want. But you are not going to enter this trap, they laid for you." He said showing the paper to my face.

I glanced at the paper we got from the new parcel in the afternoon when he was in office where it is written that for more evidence against him and also to save myself, I need to meet this person in a park which is very far from here and very unused one.

"This is not only for my freedom, Rohan. It is already affecting our relation so much, and in no time we will even hate each other. I don't want to hate the person whom I love." I said in a very calm tone.

"You already hated me so much." He pointed out.

"And it is not my mistake." I said back and immediately added, "See? This is what will happen if we leave this like this."

"You will be in danger." He said, slightly understanding my words.

"I know! And I will take the help of Shankar." I assured him holding his face.

"I will also be there with you guys and will even hide with Shankar." He offered making me smile.

"No! You are going to be here waiting for me with a surprise party." I said smiling.

"Party? For what?" he asked, frowning and I frowned back before turning away.

"As everything will get back to normal tomorrow, and we need some celebration." I replied hoping that he will agree.

"Parties are definitely not a good thing in this family, and she would have never asked this openly." He said turning me around.

"Will you stop it!" I said pushing his hands away and stood up.

"This is me! I was little terrified when we got together, and then I was young which I still am. On top of that I bore that crazy stalker and your Mother. Otherwise, you would have met the total me at that time itself. I know I am not the sweet or weak girl like I was when I met you, but I am still me. I really hope you get that through your thick skull." I added, and I felt my whole face hot releasing all the frustration.

"I guess you are right about the affecting thing so you can go, but you have to do what Shankar asks you to." That's all he said getting up and started walking towards our room.

I looked around and took the vase in my hands and then turned towards him to find that he is already staring back at me with an eyebrow raised.

"I didn't like the place it was kept." I mumbled, walking away holding it in my hands.

"As you say!" I heard him mumbling, and I covered my face groaning.

"Ok! You will leave the house hiding your face and all. I will be already dealing with a small case in that area like I don't know about this. After a few minutes, speed-dial me when you can see the people, whoever it is wanted to see you. I will be there within seconds for sure with one constable." Shankar explained in the video call to Rohan and me.