Chapter 23

*Satvi Pov*

"Did we get any parcel today?" He asked, walking inside the kitchen.

"Nothing!" I replied, not turning around.

"What happened to you?" he asked, standing beside me.

"Nothing!" I replied, turning away and it is feeling more than déjà vu because the same thing is repeating for the past two days.

Now like every day he will leave the kitchen giving a shrug, and I would continue my ignoring task in which I am getting failed pretty badly.

By this ignoring task, I realized that he never talks to me about any normal things. What he always talks is about his wife, mainly and then some situations in which he can compare both of us.

And then about the new thing which is happening from the past one week. The stupid parcels which are getting increased, but for now they have been reduced. Of course, he talks about his work a very little through which I can't know anything about it properly.

Yesterday I took lots of calmness inside so that I will not burst out at him and asked permission to go outside and get a job as I am on the verge of breaking down.

As expected, he rejected straight out and to top of that, he said he actually has all my documents in some safe because of which I can't even get one, even if I want to. Watching my face, he simply added that I can look for a job after this so-called problem whatever it is gotten solved.

"Satvi!" I felt someone shaking, and I looked up coming out of the flashback to see a curious face of Rohan.

"Where did you get lost? I have been calling you for the past few minutes." He said folding his arms.

"Nothing!" I said again walking away from him to the stove.

"What is for dinner?" He asked following me.

"Oh! I know it is also nothing." He replied to himself before I can open my mouth.

I turned the stove off and closed the food with a lid before again turning away from him. I decided to stay in our room until dinner time and walked towards the room calmly hoping that he leaves me alone.

But when did my hopes got fulfilled because by the time I reached the bed, I was turned around with such a force that I got crashed onto his chest.

"What is your problem?" I asked him frowning taking a step back, but I couldn't as he didn't release his hold on me.

"My problem? You tell me what the heck is your problem?" He asked back glaring at me.

"And don't tell me that it is nothing." He added when I opened my mouth making me close it because that was my answer.

"You can't steal my answers like that." I said glaring back at him.

"Your answers are so precious and so unpredictable that I had the nerve to steal them right." He said shaking his head.

"Leave me!" I said fidgeting his arms, hoping he will release me right now.

"What is your problem?" He asked again lifting my face when I looked away.

I stared into his eyes for a few seconds and mumbled "You!"

"Excuse me?" he asked me narrowing his eyes.

"You are my problem." I replied strongly and escaped his hold when he is concentrating on my words.

"What did I do? I was trying to be rational and even tried to be normal with you right? Then what did I do?" He asked with cold tone.