Chapter 20

*Satvi Pov*

After a few seconds he slowly stepped back and turned towards me even more slowly with a hand covering his mouth casually. I didn't look away because I know something is definitely wrong with the look he has in his eyes.

He moved his hand away, gesturing at the cloth he tied around my face and shook his head a little. And then slowly placed his finger on his lips.

When I nodded, understanding his words, he calmly sighed and turned towards the door saying, "Mother!"

Mother? He has a mother? That is so stupid of me. Of course, he will have a mother, but why is he so cold towards her too.

Maybe this is his personality with everyone! I thought, frowning but brushed my thoughts away when a short woman walked inside with the head held high.

"Where have you been, Rohan? It's like you have disappeared from the world." She asked him shaking her head.

"I am busy with work!" he simply replied, and I leaned on the table with my hand under my chin, and even a little yawn left my mouth.

"Why do you work so hard, Rohan? You have other family members who can help you right?" She asked smiling a little.

"No! I can manage." Again curt replies from him making me feel interesting to hear this and to see where it will go.

"Ok! But don't involve that gold digger Swetha in this business. She will take away everything." She said with such hatred that I really felt so sorry for Swetha.

"Hmm." He mumbled, making me look at him in shock.

Hmm? That's all he has to say when his own mother is insulting his wife, whom he loves so much like he says?

"I still can't believe you married a girl who is below our status. She must have poisoned your mind and made you do it." She just continued, and I stood up not able to hear another word.

"I am here!" I said in a muffled tone because of the cloth covering my mouth too.

They both turned to look at me hearing my voice. While one has a shock expression which turned into a bored immediately, while other, have a warning for me and that is from none other than my sweet husband.

"So? But why are you covering your face?" She asked frowning.

"Uhmm... uhmm... house cleaning." I replied immediately after a few seconds.

"See? This is what I am talking about. She is part of Choksi family, but what is she doing? She is cleaning the house like some servant. It is still not late, Rohan. You can divorce her and marry someone." She said looking at him, and I was like 'Hello?'.

"Mother! I have some work." That's all he said.

"I even have a list of great girls whom I drew for your brother, but he is running the opposite side whenever I talk to him about it. He is always thinking about work making me feel worried about him. Anyway, shall I bring the photos here tomorrow?" She asked sweetly.

"Mother!" he said calmly.

What the hell is wrong with this guy? So he has a soft spot for his mother? Well then, I guess it is time to have some fun and give a little payback and also to make something right from wrong.

"One second!" I said, walking towards them before she says anything else ignoring the warning look from Rohan.

"Hello Mrs.Choksi! I am well... what a coincidence. I am also Mrs.Choksi." I said, waving my hand at her while she looked at me with shock.